Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I visit Canada as a Tourist

Hello

At present I am working for company B with I-797 approval notice. I have Visa from Company A in my passport and is valid till August 2007.

Can I visit Canada for a week as a tourist by road from Buffallo Airport (got canadian tourist visa for 6 months).
    I was told by one of my friends, If my Company A cancels my H1B notice automatically the VISA will also become invalid. Is it true?

Am I going to face any problems while I re-entry at POE?

Thanks in advance!

------------------
    Last edited by mistervenu; 08-26-2006, 12:07 PM.

Visa and Travel

At present I am working for company B with I-797 approval notice. I have Visa from Company A in my passport and is valid till August 2007.

Can I visit Canada for a week as a tourist by road from Buffallo Airport (got canadian tourist visa for 6 months).
    I was told by one of my friends, If my Company A cancels my H1B notice automatically the VISA will also become invalid. Is it true?

Am I going to face any problems while I re-entry at POE?

---- Yes, you can travel to Canada and return back to US before august 2007

The company A can cancel H1B if the term is not yet completed but not your stamped visa nor does it become invalid. Carry your approval notice from company B while traveling

Subramanya

Comment

Many thanks for lightining reply

I have last question. My VISA from Company A is stamped in Dubai and I don't have any home country stamping in my passport.

So this will not be a problem right as Third Country National?

Thanks Again for all your help!

Comment

Visa and Travel

Many thanks for lightining reply

I have last question. My VISA from Company A is stamped in Dubai and I don't have any home country stamping in my passport.

So this will not be a problem right as Third Country National?

---- Great, you could get a US visa from that part of the world that is considered --------- I cannot spell it or reveal it. Not many people are successful at that. Let me compliment you on that

A visa is a visa that lets you enter a country from wherever you got it stamped in the world. If you want a stamping from your home country you can go and get it (In fact you do not need a visa to go to Canada if you understood and followed the automatic revalidation rule).

---- Just go and enjoy your trip to Canada and return back to US after a safe and happy vacation and rejoin your duties

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X