Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa for my son-Got blue slip

Thanks for all the help from Immihelp.

My son went for H4 interview to Chennai Embassy and he rcvd blue slip.
    In the blue slip they have asked

1 Mom(myself) to appear in person
    2 Need Father's death certificate ane proof that mother has sole custody of child
    3 Labor certificate

I am wondering
    1.Why they were asking me to come there in person?
    2 What kind of proof I need to present to show my son is under my full custody?
    3 Though my son showed the original of Form I797 why they asked for labor certificate?
    4 My parent are going for visitor visa interview in Nov first week.Do I need to reschedule it (as I can go to India only in 2nd week of Nov)?
    5 I am worried as i need to get stamping if I go to India.Is there any risk of getting stamping in Chennai?

Please let me know.I really appreciate all your help from Immihelp website.Thanks!
    Last edited by hellosrpm; 09-02-2006, 08:02 AM.

Hope this helps

I think they asked for labor to know what your pay is, whether you will be able to support ur son.
    You could talk to an attorney in India or call your immigration attorney in USA and ask what kind of affidavit you would need to show that u posses complete custody of your child.
    Also be prepared to produce ur husbands death certificate.
    If you have maintained ur status (not overstayed or been out of status) all the time u were in US and have all genuine and legal documents required for
    H1 I dont see a reason why u should not be stamped in chennai.
    The reason they must have asked u to appear in person is because u have approved H1(I797) but not stamped H1. You need to appear in person to get the visa stamped and then sponsor H4.
    I would advise on starting to work on the documentation to get ur son at the earliest than think about why they asked you to appear in person. Because u can do nothing about it.

I am sure everything will work out.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X