Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Petition Approved

Hello~

My wife's H1B petition got approved last week. She is on an H4 visa. Her I-94 is stamped with H4. I know there will be an I-94 on the I-797 Form. Is that enough for her to start working (along with SSN), or does she have to leave the country, get a new stamp and join work.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

Congrats on getting the approval.
    If u could provide some information about the H1 like when was it filed, receiept date, was it transferred and approval date of the same, it will be helpful.

Thanks in advance
    Aam

Comment

Hi Aam,

The H1 petition was filed on May 26th, the USCIS-VSC provided a receipt on June 1st and the approval was on Sept 7th.

It was a first time H1 (H4-H1).

Regards

Rajesh

Comment

my h1 is approved but i didn't recived my I-94.It's stated that i can work only when i get it stamped.i m not eligible to work without stamping.Check your h1 petition letter it might be stated there.

hope so this can help u....
        Reply if u have any comments for me

Comment

Hi Anisa,

Are you in India or outside the US? If you are, thats why there is no I-94 attached to the I797.

Frankly, I havent seen the I797 yet, but my experience says, if you are in the US already, then the I-94 will be attached to the I797.

I will post the details once i see the I797.

Good luck

Rajesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X