Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa issue urgent please help

Hello everyone

I am in US on h1 since oct2005. I am getting married in dec and my wife is currently in india. Please anwer few questions

1. I have got an appointment for my wife on her maiden name in DS156 in march in mumbai. After marriage if I change her name on passport, can I change the name on DS156 as well so that her new name appears on the visa and passport? Also, can the address be changed as well??

2. If I cannot change on DS 156 is it advisable then to change in the passport.?

3. If at all we decide to keep the maiden name will that create problems if she has to apply for h1 after getting here or may be during green card application?

4. I have applied for H1 transfer and will get approval soon, will she get h4 on new company's name or old company? If she gets it on old company name do I need to apply for her transfer once she gets here?

Please reply soon guys!!! Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by coolguy80
    Hello everyone

I am in US on h1 since oct2005. I am getting married in dec and my wife is currently in india. Please anwer few questions

1. I have got an appointment for my wife on her maiden name in DS156 in march in mumbai. After marriage if I change her name on passport, can I change the name on DS156 as well so that her new name appears on the visa and passport? Also, can the address be changed as well??

2. If I cannot change on DS 156 is it advisable then to change in the passport.?

3. If at all we decide to keep the maiden name will that create problems if she has to apply for h1 after getting here or may be during green card application?

4. I have applied for H1 transfer and will get approval soon, will she get h4 on new company's name or old company? If she gets it on old company name do I need to apply for her transfer once she gets here?

Please reply soon guys!!! Thanks a lot.

Hi dear,

I am need information about the same and would really appreciate if you frwd any reply you get in response to these queries.

Thanks,
    Mohit

Comment

H4 and Passport

---- Yes, you should cahnge the name on her Passport to match with her married name (However, she can retain her maiden name if she wishes to). Your name as a spouse should be added to her Passport. You can change the name on form DS 156 but that should match the naem on teh Passport. Address change--- which address are you referring to?

---- Read above Q1

---- NO.

---- She will be issued a Visa for the H1 approval notice provided by you.

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X