Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B interview Appointment place

Hi all,

I have a very simple question, answer of which I know but still thought of posting it here and get some solid views from Seniors here.

My question is : My fiance got his petition approved a few days back. His petition by his employer was filed at Mumbai consulate, as he was in Mumbai that time. Now since last 8 months he is working in Delhi. As of this, he wants to schedule his interview with Consulate office in Delhi. Can he still take the interview in Delhi ??? or does he needs to go to Mumbai only ??
    On what basis can he fix the appointment in Delhi consulate.

Thanks

Poonam

Hi Poonam , All,
    I have a similar question. Please let me know your views.
    I have taken a date in Oct '06 as my H1 Visa interview date in Mumbai Consulate, after receiving the petition details from prospective employer. My case has already received the USCIS online approval.

My place of birth , entire education (16yrs) , passport issusance and permanent address is from a state that falls under Mumbai conslate's jurisdiction.

My work experience for the past 2 and half years has been in Hyderabad and Chennai(which falls under Chennai consulate's jurisdiction)
    I have read on the net and heard from people that since I have been staying and working in Hyderabad for more than a year I should have taken Chennai consulate for my Visa interview and not Mumbai. But the petition details received from my employer states that I should take up Mumbai consulate (which I have taken).

Will this create create a problem? Please share more info on the norms that should be followed. Iam worried.
    Thanks in advance.

Comment

Dear Rohit,

I had posted the same question on vfs-usa.co.in site and they said that my fiance can go and appear for the interview at Delhi consulate, since its more than 6 months he has been staying in there. There wont be any issues.
      Similarly, even u can go and take the appointment either in Chennai or Mumbai as per the details u have mentioned in ur post. I hope this answers ur question.

Do let me know if u have any doubts.

All the Best !!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X