No announcement yet.

H1 approved - When will status change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 approved - When will status change?

Hi,
    My wife got her H1-B approved (through consultant "A"), which is valid from Oct 1st 2006. Currently she is on H4.

1. Will her status change to H1 automatically from Oct 1st? OR she will be considered employee of "A" only after she accepts her first paycheck from "A"?

2. Earlier she also filed for H1 through "B". That has not yet been approved. Consultant "B" is much better than "A". Can she delay joining "A" till end of October so that she can wait if B's H1 gets approved? (OR maybe delay first paycheck acceptance)

Please advice.
    -raj

She cannot start working until she gets her social security number. You need to apply for that first.

Comment

Originally posted by leifbooger
      She cannot start working until she gets her social security number. You need to apply for that first.
      Who needs to do that? Is it the employer or I need to do it myself?

What will be her status until she receives her Social Security Number? Will she be considered employee of "A" as soon as she receives her SSN? Is it possible to join employer "B" after she receives the SSN instead of joining "A" (of course if she receives her H1 through "B" by that time)?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X