URGENT HELP -- NAME CHANGED ON my passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT HELP -- NAME CHANGED ON my passport

I have entered the united states on H4 Visa with the maiden name ( my maiden name only has <First name> and there is no last name), so the H4 Visa that was issued to me had FNU, <First name> and same is for I-94 (First name :- FNU and last name :- <First name> )

Recently, I have endorsed my husbands surname in my passport, so that I should have both first name and last name in my passport.

So now I have 2 passport - new passport with my husband's surname endorsed and my old passport with my maiden name which has no last name.

Here are couple of question, if someone has gone through similar situation as well as senior members please respond :-

=> I know, now I have to carry 2 passport all the time.
    Do I need to get the name fixed in my H4 visa, as well as I-94? If yes, what is the procedure to do it.

=> I will be applying for H1B, next april.
    Is it going to have any impact on my H1B? As now, I have 2 passport - all my certificates are with the maiden name - which is just my first name.

Any urgent response is highly appreciated..

Inidan Passport Issue

I have entered the united states on H4 Visa with the maiden name ( my maiden name only has <First name> and there is no last name), so the H4 Visa that was issued to me had FNU, <First name> and same is for I-94 (First name :- FNU and last name :- <First name> )

Recently, I have endorsed my husbands surname in my passport, so that I should have both first name and last name in my passport.

So now I have 2 passport - new passport with my husband's surname endorsed and my old passport with my maiden name which has no last name.

Here are couple of question, if someone has gone through similar situation as well as senior members please respond :-

=> I know, now I have to carry 2 passport all the time.
    Do I need to get the name fixed in my H4 visa, as well as I-94? If yes, what is the procedure to do it.

---- There is no need to fix names anywhere. Let it remain as original as it was. As long there are official documents (like a Passport to prove it)

=> I will be applying for H1B, next april.
    Is it going to have any impact on my H1B? As now, I have 2 passport - all my certificates are with the maiden name - which is just my first name.

---- At the time of application use the 2nd Passport that has your first name and last name. Submit copies of all the certificates as they are (having just the first name)

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X