X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls Help

Hi ,
    I am going to apply for H4 visa very soon .I have few questions :
    1) I had a registry marriage followed by a small get together . But not a thorough social marriage . So I dont have all pictures of Hindu customs such as "Agnisakshi" or "sindoor" . However I have several pictures of our registry marriage ceremony . Will these pictures do for the visa interview along with my original marriage certificate?
    2)One and half years earlier I was rejected a student visa (F1) under 214(b) . A green card holder cousin was sponsoring me for my student visa .I was told that I have no strong family ties in India , I am single (that time) , so I won't come back to India . Now that I am married to a H1(b) visa holder and I am applying for H4 visa , can the previous F1 rejection bear any negative impact on this visa prospect? I mean can the officer imagine myself immigrant aspirant since I am trying again for an USA visa under different category? If the previous visa rejection under 214 (b) bears any bad impact on this H4 attempt , what is the way out ?Please help me .

Hi,

1) You can tell the VO that yours is a registered marriage and the marriage certificate is more important than photos. So, should not be a problem.

2) No, the past visa rejection is not a problem as it was for F1. For F1 , and B1, they see whether you are a potential immigrant. But, for H1/H4, it is not a problem as it is a dual intent visa.

So, don't worry.. All the best.. Post you experience after the interview.

Ravi

Comment

Hi ,
      I am going to apply for H4 visa very soon
      Yes you can go for the visa. You have nothing to fear.
      I have few questions :
      1) I had a registry marriage followed by a small get together . But not a thorough social marriage . So I dont have all pictures of Hindu customs such as "Agnisakshi" or "sindoor" . However I have several pictures of our registry marriage ceremony . Will these pictures do for the visa interview along with my original marriage certificate?
      Even if it is a registered marriage, it is still a marriage. Yes during the H4 interview one of the questions would be " How many people attended the wedding?" This is to check the legitimacy of the wedding. Here you need to be prepared for this question and give a confident answer. Getting a registered marriage is not an offence and you have photos to prove that. So I think if you show all this confidently along with your ORIGINAL marriage certificate you would be fine.

2)One and half years earlier I was rejected a student visa (F1) under 214(b) . A green card holder cousin was sponsoring me for my student visa .I was told that I have no strong family ties in India , I am single (that time) , so I won't come back to India . Now that I am married to a H1(b) visa holder and I am applying for H4 visa , can the previous F1 rejection bear any negative impact on this visa prospect? I mean can the officer imagine myself immigrant aspirant since I am trying again for an USA visa under different category? If the previous visa rejection under 214 (b) bears any bad impact on this H4 attempt , what is the way out ?Please help me .
      No...your previous rejection would not have any affect on this visa. The H class of visa is a dual intent visa and so is excluded from the 214b clause.

The only problem that you should be prepared for is that they might put your file under administrative processing as they might want to verify the facts of your wedding.
      Just make sure that the your spouse's documents are in order before you go for the interview as you dont need an additive affect.

GL anyway.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X