H1B to greencard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B to greencard

Could anyone tell how i can change my status of H1b visa to green card. My husband has already applied for my green and is under process and will take some years. If i go there on H1b visa, can i apply for the change of status to green card. Will i be able to change the job ?

to change the status from H1b to green card takes years . If your husband has already applied for it, then you will get a green card automatically when he gets his green card.

Comment

H1B to Green Card

Hi Lefi,

He was already a green card holder and he has applied for spouse visa for me too, but it will take another 2 years. What i want to know is can i change my status of H1b visa to green card after me reaching there on H1b. Right now i am in India

Comment

oh ok. So he has his green card already and you have an H1b visa. He will be doing a family sponsorship for you. the priority date for family based green card (1A category) is May 2000. So the wait would be approx 6 years (not 2 years) for your green card.

Comment

Originally posted by leifbooger
          oh ok. So he has his green card already and you have an H1b visa. He will be doing a family sponsorship for you. the priority date for family based green card (1A category) is May 2000. So the wait would be approx 6 years (not 2 years) for your green card.

no the approximate time given to us is 900 days and now almost 750 days are left .. as per the USCIS site information the now the green card processing is happening for the year 2005

Comment

The status of 1 -130

The status of of case processing date of Alien relative of permenant resident in California is January 2005. we have filed in California

Originally posted by Sheena_vjohn
            no the approximate time given to us is 900 days and now almost 750 days are left .. as per the USCIS site information the now the green card processing is happening for the year 2005

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X