Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamping at Singapore--->Was asked to appear in India

Hi,

Had attended the stamping intervierw here in Singapore. But was asked to appear in India for want of 2 years of consistent working here in Singapore(i have few months now and was here for few months earlier, totalling 17 months). The officier stamped a 221g in my passport itself.

How good or bad is it to have the 221g in my passport itslef?

If anyone could shed some light on this or point me in the direction, would be of great help.

regards,
    karan

221g

Had attended the stamping intervierw here in Singapore. But was asked to appear in India for want of 2 years of consistent working here in Singapore(i have few months now and was here for few months earlier, totalling 17 months). The officier stamped a 221g in my passport itself.

How good or bad is it to have the 221g in my passport itslef?

If anyone could shed some light on this or point me in the direction, would be of great help.

---- There is no good or bad about 221g. Getting it stamped in the Passport is a normal practice. It is just that the issue has to be cleared and if in your case they have told you to appear in India, follow their directions. When you appear for an interview in India they might (most probably will) ask you as to what happened when you had the visa interview in Singapore. The VOs will already have the information from the previous VO at Singapore. However, narrate to them briefly if and when prompted

---- Did you get a yellow or blue colored paper. Most probably it will be yellow colored (with a blue colored paper you are generally given the option of follow up with a reference number for status update)

Subramanya

Comment

Just the singapore embassy seal with 221g hand written in it

Hi Subramanya,

Thanks very much for the consoling reply. Feeling little bit relieved for now on the 221g stamp.

As such, it was just the singapore embassy seal with 221g hand written in it, with no yellow or blue slip of paper handed out. With that the seal stamped in my passport the officier returned all the documents i had submitted at counter 2 (they collect all documents and passport at this counter, and issue a receipt for the cashier order, the equivqlent of DD here i believe. And then ask you to wait until you token number is called up again in any of the rest counters 3 to 6 for the interview again)

He had retained the DS 156 & DS 157 forms alone.

Think saw him marking a vertical line (beleive kind of left paranthesis symbol) in red pen, parallel to the data in one of pages of the DS 156 or DS 157 at its edge. Could be their internal marking, i hope. (forgive me for this irrelevent info, though it might trigger some one with similar experience, just in case)

regards,
      karan

Comment

Have a mail interaction that i had with Singapore embassy

Originally posted by navalavkaran
        Hi Subramanya,

Thanks very much for the consoling reply. Feeling little bit relieved for now on the 221g stamp.

As such, it was just the singapore embassy seal with 221g hand written in it, with no yellow or blue slip of paper handed out. With that the seal stamped in my passport the officier returned all the documents i had submitted at counter 2 (they collect all documents and passport at this counter, and issue a receipt for the cashier order, the equivqlent of DD here i believe. And then ask you to wait until you token number is called up again in any of the rest counters 3 to 6 for the interview again)

He had retained the DS 156 & DS 157 forms alone.

Think saw him marking a vertical line (beleive kind of left paranthesis symbol) in red pen, parallel to the data in one of pages of the DS 156 or DS 157 at its edge. Could be their internal marking, i hope. (forgive me for this irrelevent info, though it might trigger some one with similar experience, just in case)

regards,
        karan
        Just to add i have a mail interaction that i had with Singapore Embassy immediately after the interview was over, upon reaching home (Got a reply instantanouesly for that with in minutes!!!). In which, i had stated that i have been asked to appear in India for want of 2 years of working here in Singapore, and whether can i take a walk-in at the India Consulate based on this 221g in my passport. The inline reply for it was to book a slot afresh, though :-(.

So hope, can carry a print out of it with me when at the time of interview at India consulate to explain for "why it was a 221g at Singapore?" to the VO, isn't it?

regards,
        karan
        Last edited by navalavkaran; 10-01-2006, 03:46 PM.

Comment

221g

Just to add i have a mail interaction that i had with Singapore Embassy immediately after the interview was over, upon reaching home (Got a reply instantanouesly for that with in minutes!!!). In which, i had stated that i have been asked to appear in India for want of 2 years of working here in Singapore, and whether can i take a walk-in at the India Consulate based on this 221g in my passport. The inline reply for it was to book a slot afresh, though :-(.

So hope, can carry a print out of it with me when at the time of interview at India consulate to explain for "why it was a 221g at Singapore?" to the VO, isn't it?

---- Seek an appointment (may take months). The VO at the US Consulate in India will know that you have been given a 221g. They will prompt you to answer questions on this anyway

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X