Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Kid and Mom travel in different visas together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Kid and Mom travel in different visas together?

Hi,

My kid(3 months old) has H4 and my wife has her L1. Can the travel together in to US? would there be any problem in the port of entry?

Thanks,
    Arun

H4 and Child

My kid(3 months old) has H4 and my wife has her L1. Can the travel together in to US? would there be any problem in the port of entry?

---- If your kid is on H4 and wife on L1, then you must be on H1. Send a copy of your I-797 to your wife so that she can carry the same and show it at the POE

Subramanya

Comment

Can Kid and Mom travel in different visas together?

Thanks Subramanya.

You made my day man..

Just to confirm, i am already in US with H1B..my wife has L1 and my kid has H4...they will be travelling together..if my wife has my I-797 and I-94, she and my kid can enter in to US though they have different visas..is this right?

Thanks,
      Arun.

Comment

H4 Visa

You made my day man..

Just to confirm, i am already in US with H1B..my wife has L1 and my kid has H4...they will be travelling together..if my wife has my I-797 and I-94, she and my kid can enter in to US though they have different visas..is this right?

---- Looks like we are reproducing the same answer and question each time. There is a miscommunication here and I think it is better get a little more insight into the issue. Thus, to put you at ease and also to ensure that accurate information is exchanged, clarify the following:

Was your wife on H4 before going in for L1 (It does not make any difference, but out of curiosity)

Does your kid have the H4 when applied in US (like filling out the I-539 and other documents) and does the child have an approved I-797 notice for H4 or went to the US Consulate in India for a visa stamp

Does your kid have the H4 Visa stamp on the Passport (I didn't realise this in my earlier post). It is important to have the H4 visa stamped on the Passport to enter US

Subramanya

Comment

Kid and wife's visa.

Was your wife on H4 before going in for L1 (It does not make any difference, but out of curiosity)
          >>>> Yes...she had her H4 stamped in her passport before going for L1..but, she hasn't travelled to US with her H4 still..

Does your kid have the H4 when applied in US (like filling out the I-539 and other documents) and does the child have an approved I-797 notice for H4 or went to the US Consulate in India for a visa stamp

Does your kid have the H4 Visa stamp on the Passport (I didn't realise this in my earlier post). It is important to have the H4 visa stamped on the Passport to enter US

>>>> Yes..Kid has H4 stamped on her passport..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X