Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa process PLEASE HELP

Hi

I'm just new here. I would like to ask some questions to those who have done H4 visa process I hope someone here could answer. My husband is currently a holder of H1-B visa. He wants to file for h4 visa for me. I was just wondering how long the process will take even if it's just an estimation of time. I also would like to know the initial process we should take to apply for H4 we have no idea how to do this process and our research on the visa process is getting us more confuse. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

1) First of all ask your husband for his H1 petition details. IF possible ask him to fax you a copy so that you have the exact numbers and details with you.

2) Next get a HDFC receipt with your passport copy.

3) Wait two days and this receipt would get activated. Now complete the forms DS156 and DS157 online and save them.

4) Look for an appointment date convenient to you to visit the consulate/embassy for the interview. If the available dates are too far away from when you actually intend to visit the US then wait for a day or two and keep monitoring the site continuously for an earleir open date due to a cancellation by somebody else. You need to be quick to catch an open date if one opens as it can disappear in two minutes too.

5) Now in the meantime start procuring all the required documents from your husband and also those related to your wedding and your own documents too.

6) Make sure you get the "Original" I-797 from your husband and also a "clear" copy of his passport. Just mentioning these two as there have been instances of people not taking the above and they being kept on hold.

7) Finally prepare yourself for the interview.

GL and hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X