Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potential immigrant?

Hi Everyone,
    My h1b interview is on November in Chennai consulate. My wife is already in US on h1b and also I have already mentioned in my DS-156 that she is working. My consultant is advising not to mention that in my application form as i might be considered as potential immigrant. I don't want to modify my forms now.

My question is :
    is it a problem in telling the truth that spouse is already working in US? Have any one heard/faced the similar scenario? please advise me.

Thanks

H1b

My h1b interview is on November in Chennai consulate. My wife is already in US on h1b and also I have already mentioned in my DS-156 that she is working. My consultant is advising not to mention that in my application form as i might be considered as potential immigrant. I don't want to modify my forms now.

My question is :
    is it a problem in telling the truth that spouse is already working in US? Have any one heard/faced the similar scenario? please advise me.

---- Be honest and truthful. If your wife is in US, say so. The H1 visa interview is not regarding immigration. H1 is a dual intent visa, meaning you can work and also apply for a green card.

Subramanya

Comment

It is always advisable to give the correct details. H1B visa is a one with dual intent unlike F1 or B1.

Comment

Thanks for the support , babu and subramanya
        I have one more query which i have already posted and got answer. Asking again to confirm. Pardon me asking the question again.

My wife went to US only 3 months back. Do i need to carry all the documents related to her employment, pay stubs, bank statements, marriage photos etc.,

Plesae remember that i am going for H1B interview and NOT H4.

Thanks again.

Comment

I have one more query which i have already posted and got answer. Asking again to confirm. Pardon me asking the question again.

My wife went to US only 3 months back. Do i need to carry all the documents related to her employment, pay stubs, bank statements, marriage photos etc.,

Plesae remember that i am going for H1B interview and NOT H4.

---- Generally, it is not required to submit or show all these documents as you ar going for a H1 interview and the only supporting documentation you need is your employment letter/offer letter, LCA, I-129, I-797 and other documents that belongs to you. Your wife's H1 papers have nothing much to do with your interview. However, if you want to carry the that remains your decision.

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X