H4 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa

I am working on h1 and recently transferred the visa to a different company. My wife is having h4 stamped on the passport but that of the earlier company. She is going to India. Will there be any problem for her while returning to the US ? I have petition from the new employer.

H4 Visa

I am working on h1 and recently transferred the visa to a different company. My wife is having h4 stamped on the passport but that of the earlier company. She is going to India. Will there be any problem for her while returning to the US ? I have petition from the new employer.

---- The post is not complete in that there are no details given. We would expect the following details be given to ensure responses

1. We presume your wife is returning to the US with an unexpired Visa on her Passport

2. Why have you not applied for the renewal of the H4 approval notice while she is in the US (this may not be an issue, but the renewal needs to be done in order to continue the legal status of residence). You may want to check with your lawyer in this matter

3. Is she going to carry your H1 petition (presumably approved) to be shown at the POE, else why is it mentioned in the post

If answers to any and all of the above are already found I wish you all good luck and safe return to US

Further clarifications the forum is ready for you

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- The post is not complete in that there are no details given. We would expect the following details be given to ensure responses

1. We presume your wife is returning to the US with an unexpired Visa on her Passport

2. Why have you not applied for the renewal of the H4 approval notice while she is in the US (this may not be an issue, but the renewal needs to be done in order to continue the legal status of residence). You may want to check with your lawyer in this matter

3. Is she going to carry your H1 petition (presumably approved) to be shown at the POE, else why is it mentioned in the post

If answers to any and all of the above are already found I wish you all good luck and safe return to US

Further clarifications the forum is ready for you

Subramanya
      Hello,

Here are the answers ::

1. H4 on the passport expires in Sept 2007 and she is coming back in Apr 2007.

2. Thro. the new employer, I already have extension till 2009 for myself as well as for my wife. We have h1 and h4 petition to that effect as well.

3. Will it be necessary for her to carry my petition as well to show at the POE?

Comment

H4 issues

Here are the answers ::

1. H4 on the passport expires in Sept 2007 and she is coming back in Apr 2007.

2. Thro. the new employer, I already have extension till 2009 for myself as well as for my wife. We have h1 and h4 petition to that effect as well.

3. Will it be necessary for her to carry my petition as well to show at the POE?

---- If your wife has an unexpired Visa on her Passport and carrying the latest H4 approval notice there is no need to take your H1 approval notice.

---- She should be permitted to enter the US based on the Visa and the H4. She will be issued a new I-94 at the POE valid until thedae of her H4 approval notice (We presume this must be till 2009, the same validity period as your H1). Good luck and safe journey

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X