Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 to H1

Hi

I am working on a L2 Visa. I am Planning to apply for H1B in Apr. 2007.

My L2 Visa (and I-94) is expiring in Jan 2007 and my husband's employer is already applied for an extension and hopefully we will get an approved petition and an extended I-94.

And we are planning to Visit India some time in Jul-Aug 2007.

Here my question is when my H1B is under processing (assuming that my H1B papers are not released by that time) can I go for a Visa extension on L2?.

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks
    Geeta

It depends on how you enter in US either with L2 or H1. Also also the latest one.

I want to ask you how easy to get work permit if you are in L2. Also the probability of getting job.
    Jana

Comment

Hi

It is very simple to get work authorization (EAD) on L2.
      After coming to USA I just applied for EAD and I got my approval within 90 days. After that I applied for SSN (as a dependent you won't get SSN, to get SSN you need work permit/EAD/H1).

After everything is same as H1B. But the only advantage with EAD is there is no need to depend on any employer...it is as good as GC and you can do more that one job legally... (if you are capable)

bye
      Geeta

Comment

L2 to H1

Hi,

Thanks but can you please explain the procedure to apply for my wife. I need to know what are all docs we need to fill and where to submit. I am in chicago and recently came here. Please help me.

Thanks
        Jana

Comment

Here is the link for application procedure

http://immihelp.comhttps://www.immih...n-document.htm

Let me know if you have any questions..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...