No announcement yet.

H4 Dependent working - NOC required???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Dependent working - NOC required???

Hi

I have got my H1 interview scheduled for NOV 1st week. My wife is working. I would like to know if she needs to carry a No Objection Ceritificate from her employer for the visa interview? If so, what is the format of the same - what should be the contents of the NOC and what message it should carry.

Thanks
    Krishna Srinivasan

Originally posted by krishsri
    Hi

I have got my H1 interview scheduled for NOV 1st week. My wife is working. I would like to know if she needs to carry a No Objection Ceritificate from her employer for the visa interview? If so, what is the format of the same - what should be the contents of the NOC and what message it should carry.

Thanks
    Krishna Srinivasan
    Why you are looking for NOC for H4? Do you want her to join back in job after getting the visa? Is she not going to quit the job?
    I would say not to bring her job details into picture.

Thx
    RK

Comment

Hi Ramkumar
      Thanks for your reply. She might resign her job after i get to know the exact details of my travel plan. But just because i am attending the VISA interview, i cannot ask her to resign, right. Since i was told by employer that i need to mention her to be working in case she is working, i filled the DS-156 saying she is working.

Now they are telling me that i need to carry a NOC from her employer. I do'nt know what to do now.

Krishna

Comment

Originally posted by krishsri
        Hi Ramkumar
        Thanks for your reply. She might resign her job after i get to know the exact details of my travel plan. But just because i am attending the VISA interview, i cannot ask her to resign, right. Since i was told by employer that i need to mention her to be working in case she is working, i filled the DS-156 saying she is working.

Now they are telling me that i need to carry a NOC from her employer. I do'nt know what to do now.

Krishna
        Generally, VOs tends to ask “What you will do after going to US on H4”, if you specify current occupation as “working” for dependants and applicant may say “may start work after some time with a correct visa etc” (As that’s what they wld be doing in India currently).

VOs may not like concept H4s are trying to do job legally or illegally.

If you are still looking for NOC, she can check with her HR folks

HTH
        RK

Comment

Hi

If she is working for a private organization then NOC is not required. If it is a govt. company then it is better to submit NOC.

I also faced same kind of situation,at thattime I was working for a Private company I didn't submitted any NOC.

But I just mentioned my employment details in DS-157...but during interview they never asked me about my employment. And I attended for L2 visa alone (by that time my husband had a L1 visa and living in USA).

Hope it helps you...

Bye
          Geeta

Comment

Originally posted by delphi
            Hi

If she is working for a private organization then NOC is not required. If it is a govt. company then it is better to submit NOC.

I also faced same kind of situation,at thattime I was working for a Private company I didn't submitted any NOC.

But I just mentioned my employment details in DS-157...but during interview they never asked me about my employment. And I attended for L2 visa alone (by that time my husband had a L1 visa and living in USA).

Hope it helps you...

Bye
            Geeta
            good to know abt that, but being on L2 you can start working legally once EAD is approved right?

Thx
            RK

Comment

Originally posted by ramkumarkoditala
              good to know abt that, but being on L2 you can start working legally once EAD is approved right?

Thx
              RK

Yup..that is correct..

Bye
              Geeta

Comment

Thanks

Geeta
                Thanks for your reply. I am much releaved now.

Krishna

Comment

Hi Krishna

I am also in same boat . My wife is in Govt. Job and i mentioned the details in DS 157. So what to do now, Do she really requires NOC from her office?

It may not be possible as she is on one year probation .

Please help

Comment

H4 Dependant NOC is required or not

I am planning to apply for H4 dependant visa. I am working in a private company and I am not intereseted to quit the job before getting my H4 visa, and recently my L1-blanket visa was rejected I cannot specify housewife in visa form. My company is giving me NOC for 45 days only. Whether any one can tell me 45 days of NOC is sufficient or I need to quit the job to get the H4 dependant visa.

Comment

NOC is not required for H4 visa. You can always quit after getting the visa. VO is not interested in that.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X