Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small query regading H1.. plz answer.. plz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small query regading H1.. plz answer.. plz.

Presently,I have a business visa (B1/B2). & my H1 petition is approved.

After my H1 stamping is done, whether my B1 would be deacivated? or can they both co-exist.? again if i shall go to USA by B1, can i make my H1 stamping there..? (or in Canada?). Plz do help me. thanx in advance.

Originally posted by chaitanyat

After my H1 stamping is done, whether my B1 would be deacivated? or can they both co-exist.? again if i shall go to USA by B1, can i make my H1 stamping there..? (or in Canada?). Plz do help me. thanx in advance.

Chaitanya,

This is the information I know. Members, please correct me if I am wrong.

You cannot have both H1 and B1. If your H1 is approved, your B1 will be cancelled and vice versa.

I guess you can get your H1 stamped from canada, if you are on a B1....but I am not sure.

jing

Comment

Visa Query

---- You can retain both of your Visas (B1 and H1). However, at the POE you have to declare on which Visa you want to enter US, accordingly your I-94 will be stamped till the validity period of the Visa and approval notice

---- You cannot get any of your Visa issued within US at any time. You have to go to a third country or the country of origin to get your Visa issued

---- If you enter US on B1 you cannot transfer to H1 or claim H1 status

Subramanya

Comment

You will have both of the visas!

I have got ten year valid b1/b2 visa, and last July got my H1-B too. I also thought that they will cancel my B1/B2 visa (stamped since 2004), but it is still valid and not cancelled. I think if your B1/B2 visa is valid for longer duration, duration which is longer than your H1-B (which in my case is valid till 2008, whereas my B1/B2 is valid till 2014) they will not cancel it.

Comment

Thank U very Much

Thank U very much for your valuable inputs friends.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X