Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 221g second time

Hi

I had given the Visa interview on 19th Oct and got 221g (Additional administrative processing)

The visa office told me that consulate will get back to me in 2 weeks time.

After 1 week of the interview i got another blue handout (221g) by post from Chennai consulate stating that "My petition has been sent back to USCIS for review,and once the review is done,the petitioner would be notified about that"

Has anyone faced such a situation before and how much does it take for review.

Iam confused why the Review is reqd. again when the UScis has already approved the petition.

Can the seniors pls reply

221g

I had given the Visa interview on 19th Oct and got 221g (Additional administrative processing)

The visa office told me that consulate will get back to me in 2 weeks time.

After 1 week of the interview i got another blue handout (221g) by post from Chennai consulate stating that "My petition has been sent back to USCIS for review,and once the review is done,the petitioner would be notified about that"

Has anyone faced such a situation before and how much does it take for review.

Iam confused why the Review is reqd. again when the UScis has already approved the petition.

---- The review requested by the US Consulate from Chennai can be for a variety of reasons including verification of the employer and their details. The exact reason may not be known to any one unless the VO tells you the details. Approval of your H1 by USCIS is a different matter altogether

---- The time taken for the review is pure guess work and can be anywhere between 2-8 weeks ideally. If it takes longer nobody will have any clue regarding that. Hopefully, you will receive a repsonse form the US Consulate sooner than not later

Rest is patience

Subramanya

Comment

Thanx Subramanya

Comment

My Case is also same...

Hi..

I also got same kind of query.. People telling we have to wait and saying it takes from 2 to 6 months of time.

Anyhow you will get it Soon.

Regards,
        [email protected]

Comment

Can L1 petition be applied during AAP for H1-B ?

Hi,

I attended H1-B visa interview in the last week of Oct and I was given 221(g) form asking some documents from my employer (financial information, pay stubs of all employees, company lease agreement etc.) and I got those documents after around one and half month from the consultancy which processed my H1-B petition. I dropped the documents in a VFS center and today I got my passport back without stamping, but with another 221(g), saying "Additional Administrative Processing" is required.

Can anybody please tell me how much time it may take for my case (as I have given details, i.e. which documents they asked for 221(g) initially etc.)

Also, during this time, can I apply for L1 petition through my current Indian company employer ? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Can L1 petition be applied during AAP for H1-B ?

Hi All (esp. seniors),

Can anybody please help me for my query raised on 28th Dec 06 ?
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Hi,

I attended H1-B visa interview in the last week of Oct and I was given 221(g) form asking some documents from my employer (financial information, pay stubs of all employees, company lease agreement etc.) and I got those documents after around one and half month from the consultancy which processed my H1-B petition. I dropped the documents in a VFS center and today I got my passport back without stamping, but with another 221(g), saying "Additional Administrative Processing" is required.

Can anybody please tell me how much time it may take for my case (as I have given details, i.e. which documents they asked for 221(g) initially etc.)

Also, during this time, can I apply for L1 petition through my current Indian company employer ? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

help me please

hi will u help me please i too facing the same problem as yours will u please tell me what happened to ur visa now ,u got any response from usics.

Comment

Any update?

Hi,

Even my case is identical. Did you get to hear from the consulate?

Please share as it might help people like us.

Thanks

Comment

120 days at USCIS

The background of my case is that I got 221 g from DELHI(Green) as such I submitted the Employers documents on 5th September, 2008. By 15th September , my case was sent to USCIS and my employer in USA called them up and found out that my case is NOT DENIED but sent by DOS, Consulate DElhi for FURTHER REVIEW.

From my info: I am told it can take upto 120 days and incase if you don't hear from them, your Petitioner can contact USCIS for the same.
                  But normally cases going to USCIS is to find out the existence of the employer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X