Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 - Multiple Entry

I have recently got my visa revalidated in Mexico. On my I94(white card
    ) US VISIT MULTIPLE is there. What does this mean ?
    So while leaving USA on vacation should I hand over this I94 to the authorities or not ? Can some one let me know about this ?

Thank you...

Any comments on this ?

Comment

Any suggestions ??

Originally posted by Bombay_rail
      So while leaving USA on vacation should I hand over this I94 to the authorities or not ? Can some one let me know about this ?

Thank you...

Comment

I-94

---- Yes, you should handover the I-94 card at the port of departure to the authorities, except when you are going to Canada/Mexico. It does not matter what is mentioned on the card. Your multiple entry status will be indicated on the Visa issued to you.

---- On return to US at the POE you will get a fresh I-94 valid till the date of your Visa (We are not aware of the Visa type you have as this is not mentioned in the post and we cannot presume)

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- Yes, you should handover the I-94 card at the port of departure to the authorities, except when you are going to Canada/Mexico. It does not matter what is mentioned on the card. Your multiple entry status will be indicated on the Visa issued to you.

---- On return to US at the POE you will get a fresh I-94 valid till the date of your Visa (We are not aware of the Visa type you have as this is not mentioned in the post and we cannot presume)

Subramanya
          Hi Subramanya, Thanks a lot for your reply. But the Malaysian officer didn't take my I-94 while I was leaving USA saying that it has multiple VISA Entry. I have requested him couple of times but he kept saying that you don't need to surrender this.. Now my question is do I have problems while coming back to USA ? By the way, I hold H1B Visa.. Please let me know what do you think ?

Comment

I-94

Thanks a lot for your reply. But the Malaysian officer didn't take my I-94 while I was leaving USA saying that it has multiple VISA Entry. I have requested him couple of times but he kept saying that you don't need to surrender this.. Now my question is do I have problems while coming back to USA ? By the way, I hold H1B Visa.. Please let me know what do you think

---- If you have an unexpired and valid Visa affixed on your Passport you can certainly travel. On coming back to US, you can post the I-94 card to the USCIS office located in Kentucky. Their exact address is on the USCIS website

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply. But the Malaysian officer didn't take my I-94 while I was leaving USA saying that it has multiple VISA Entry. I have requested him couple of times but he kept saying that you don't need to surrender this.. Now my question is do I have problems while coming back to USA ? By the way, I hold H1B Visa.. Please let me know what do you think

---- If you have an unexpired and valid Visa affixed on your Passport you can certainly travel. On coming back to US, you can post the I-94 card to the USCIS office located in Kentucky. Their exact address is on the USCIS website

Subramanya
              Thank you Subramanya, this is a really helpful information. Since my I94 is stapled to the passport, should I remove the I94 from the passport when I appear before the immigration officer at POE or Should I have him look at the old I94 ?

What would be your suggestion on this one ?
              Last edited by Bombay_rail; 11-09-2006, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Any suggestions.

Comment

I-94

Thank you Subramanya, this is a really helpful information. Since my I94 is stapled to the passport, should I remove the I94 from the passport when I appear before the immigration officer at POE or Should I have him look at the old I94 ?

---- Leave the I-94 (old) where it is and you do not have to worry about it if expired. The Immigration Officer at the POE may only enquire with you at best and ask why you have not surrendered earlier. Tell them that you were not aware of it and you shall enter US and post it to the USCIS office. If they take it, leave it that. There is no need to be disturbed about this issue

Subramanya

Comment

---- Leave the I-94 (old) where it is and you do not have to worry about it if expired. The Immigration Officer at the POE may only enquire with you at best and ask why you have not surrendered earlier. Tell them that you were not aware of it and you shall enter US and post it to the USCIS office. If they take it, leave it that. There is no need to be disturbed about this issue

Subramanya
                    Thanks a lot Subramanya. I really appreciate your help on this one..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X