Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 Transfer question

Hi,

I have come to US in 2003 March on H4 and applied for H1. My H1 has been approved in 2004 October quota. I got my SSN and didn't start working until 6 months back. I've changed my employer and started working from May'06 onwards. I have a visa appointment in Jan'07. Since i started working only from 6 months back i don't have any W2 but have pay stubs for past 6 months.
    Can you guys please tell me whether it is going to be any problem for my visa stamping? (not having W2) or what documents you suggest me to carry to avoid any possible 221g.
    You senior guys are amazing help for many of us. please help me in this reagrd.

Thanks,
    LAK

Some one please help me!! your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    LAK

Comment

W2's and 221g's

I have come to US in 2003 March on H4 and applied for H1. My H1 has been approved in 2004 October quota. I got my SSN and didn't start working until 6 months back. I've changed my employer and started working from May'06 onwards. I have a visa appointment in Jan'07. Since i started working only from 6 months back i don't have any W2 but have pay stubs for past 6 months.
      Can you guys please tell me whether it is going to be any problem for my visa stamping? (not having W2) or what documents you suggest me to carry to avoid any possible 221g.

---- If you have started working from May'06 positively you will not have any W2's. There need not be any doubt on this count at all. The VO also will not expect these things and it is not a problem.

---- Carry all the documents that are suggested on the vfs website and the US Consulate Website for.

---- Avoiding 221g --- Everyone wishes there are answeres to that question Should you ever find one please let us know. Otherwise good luck and all teh bset for your interview and hope you are successful in getting the Visa issued

Subramanya

Comment

Subramanya, Thanks alot for your quick response. Do you think the VO would be looking at why i didn't work soon after i received my H1B?
        Since i started working soon after i transferred my H1B, is it enough if i carry only my recent I-797 or should i carry old and new one? Is it a safe bet to project only new I-797?

Please let me know.

Thanks once again
        LAK

Comment

I have a question to you, How could you change your Employer without paystub?? This will really help others, do let us know

VIkram

Comment

I-797

Thanks alot for your quick response. Do you think the VO would be looking at why i didn't work soon after i received my H1B?

---- That is not an issue since it might have taken time for your employer to find a client as per their terms and conditions and you have nothing much to do with that. If it is not the client, then your terms with the employer may be that you will start working after a certain date

Since i started working soon after i transferred my H1B, is it enough if i carry only my recent I-797 or should i carry old and new one? Is it a safe bet to project only new I-797?

---- The visa appointment and interview will be based on your present and recent I-797. You carry the old one with you for reference and produce it if asked for

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks a ton Subramanya. You relieved me from tension. Now i can have a good trip.

Vikram - To answer your question how i've transferred my H1. My employer got it through his attorney. Don't know how he managed that..or probably 'm the lucky one.

Comment

Any updates?

Hi Lak,
                Any updates on this ? Have you got a chance to get stamping. Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X