Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Help

Hi,
    I need some help regrading H1B visa. My appointment letter states my designation as "Network Engineer" where in my LCA Document states "Computer Programmer". I checked with my would be employer and he told me that it is "Attorney's mistake. I am a network engimeer.
    What should I do?

Rgds
    Ravindra

Hi Ravindra,
    This cud be an expensive mistake because during the visa interview the 1st question usually asked is wht r u goin to do there and wht have u been doin till date. If ur statement doesnt match whts in the docs then it may cause problems.

As far as I knw there is a provision of amending the petition and getting it corrected. Since this is a mistake on the part of ur employer; U should seek their opinion on amending it.

Comment

Thanks Rohit,
      My Employer is willing to do the amendment and I have received a scan copy of attorney's letter mentioning filing for amendment.
      I did not attend the visa interview and now will be meeting the US Consulate trying to convince them the reason for the same. My employer told me that the amendment will take 2 months. I think then I have to reschedule the interview after 2 months.
      Can you share your inputs whether this will be a smooth sailing.

Rgds
      Ravindra

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X