Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H1B

Hi All,

I am going for H1B stamping at Mumbai in couple of months. My student visa got rejected 2 times in 2002 under 214(b). I am attaching the letter with this email. I had my sister in USA until now. I forgot that I had mention about my sister or not in 2002? I doesn't have any proofs to check that.

My question is , my sister is still in USA on h4. So during my H1B stamping shall i show her or not? If i try to hide it and VO came to know that I had shown in 2002 so what will be the impact?

Or I should not lie and tell them that my sister is in USA? Will it increase my chances of getting visa rejected?

Do they have somekind of background check so they can verify that why visa got rejected 2 times and what I wrote in form DS-156 in 2002?

Please help me. I am very confused.

Thanks,

H1 Interview

I am going for H1B stamping at Mumbai in couple of months. My student visa got rejected 2 times in 2002 under 214(b). I am attaching the letter with this email. I had my sister in USA until now. I forgot that I had mention about my sister or not in 2002? I doesn't have any proofs to check that.

My question is , my sister is still in USA on h4. So during my H1B stamping shall i show her or not? If i try to hide it and VO came to know that I had shown in 2002 so what will be the impact?

---- When you fill/complete the DS 156 form there is a column to indicate the presence of brother/sister, mother/father etc. In that column you say YES, that your sister is in US and her status

Or I should not lie and tell them that my sister is in USA? Will it increase my chances of getting visa rejected?

---- Be honest, the H1 Visa is an independent Visa and is a dual intent Visa. The presence of close blood relations as above does not make any difference

Do they have somekind of background check so they can verify that why visa got rejected 2 times and what I wrote in form DS-156 in 2002?

---- Yes, they will have all the information about you on file and. The previous Visa applications and interviews will be shown on thier screen. That does not stop you from applying for the next Visa.

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya for quick prompt. Any other opinions for other members are welcome too.

Thanks again

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X