Query regarding H1 transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query regarding H1 transfer

I am currently working for Employer A on H1. My H1 has expired on 07th Nov 2006. I have 3 more years left on my H1. My current employer has applied for my H1 extension in October 2006, for 3 more years, and I have received a receipt notice stating that my case has been received and the USCIS will mail me once the case is approved. However the approval will take some time to come. I can continue working with employer A till I get the approved petition. Meanwhile, I have received an offer from another employer (employer B) on 10th November. My question is : Could there be any issues if I accept the offer from employer B and have my H1 transferred with employer B ? The reason for the confusion is that employer B made the offer after 7th Nov, the date when my previous H1 expired, and I havent received the Approved petition after the extension has been filed. Can I transfer my H1 to another employer without having received the Approved petition for the extension filed by employer A ? Any help on this front would be appreciated.

Somebody please help me with my query. I am very confused with this issue and need help. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Urgent : Help needed

It will be extremely helpful if somebody would kindly respond to this.

Comment

Urgent

Please help me out with my query regarding H1 transfer.

Comment

H1 Issues

I am currently working for Employer A on H1. My H1 has expired on 07th Nov 2006. I have 3 more years left on my H1. My current employer has applied for my H1 extension in October 2006, for 3 more years, and I have received a receipt notice stating that my case has been received and the USCIS will mail me once the case is approved. However the approval will take some time to come. I can continue working with employer A till I get the approved petition. Meanwhile, I have received an offer from another employer (employer B) on 10th November.

My question is : Could there be any issues if I accept the offer from employer B and have my H1 transferred with employer B ?

---- There should be no issues to transfer to employer B unless there is something seriously wrong with your application

The reason for the confusion is that employer B made the offer after 7th Nov, the date when my previous H1 expired, and I havent received the Approved petition after the extension has been filed. Can I transfer my H1 to another employer without having received the Approved petition for the extension filed by employer A ? Any help on this front would be appreciated.

Yes, you can apply. There is no need to wait for the approval notice to arrive before you apply for a transfer. Both are independent by themselves

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X