F1 to H1 transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1 transfer

I am currently on F-1 visa, working on OPT. My OPT expires in dec and F1 is valid for another year.

Can you please help me on the following:

1. I have a offer letter, can my employer apply for my H-1 immediatly?
    2. Can I start working immediatly after applying for H1? If not what are my alternatives?

F1-h1

I am currently on F-1 visa, working on OPT. My OPT expires in dec and F1 is valid for another year.

Can you please help me on the following:

---- You (meaning your employer who will sponsor) have to wait till April 2007 to apply for H1

2. Can I start working immediatly after applying for H1? If not what are my alternatives?

---- The earliest you can start is Oct. 01 2007 as per the present scenario

Subramanya

Comment

Yes, you cannot start working till Oct 2007. Try not to do anything illegal coz illegal immigrants are getting caught now. But, not to worry. Apply for jobs in your home country. Get a years experience and then get back to the US. It will be a good break from washing dishes.

Comment

Response if visa cap of 65000 has not been reached:

- Yes. You can. We did and got the approval.

-- You can work on OPT until you obtain 797 approval. After that, work on H1

Because they have already reached the cap, Subramanya's replies are better than mine!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X