Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Approved..no I-94 Issued

Hi everyone,
    I got my H1 approval yesterday (I-797B form). An I-94 wasnt issused due to a filing error (My employer checked the wrong box in Part 2 of the I-129 form). In short he forget to check 'change in status' etc etc. I want to know what I need to do next to ammend this. My employer is really being of no help.
    1. Can I file for CHANGE IN STATUS?
    2. Can I file for Amendmend in I-129 Petition?
    3. If yes, what is the procedure to do that? And how long does it take before I can get my I-94?
    4. I am currently on an H4 visa, now since my H1 is approved, does my H4 get cancelled?
    5. Do I have to leave the country rightaway to get stamping?
    I really am not sure what other questions I need to ask? Has anyone faced a situation similar to this? Please any help is appreciated. I really need answers soon. Thanks a lot for all the help.

Re file

Same thing happened with me. In my case lawyer made same mistake. I refiled via premium processing. I got I-94 with it.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by AditiK
    Hi everyone,
    I got my H1 approval yesterday (I-797B form). An I-94 wasnt issused due to a filing error (My employer checked the wrong box in Part 2 of the I-129 form). In short he forget to check 'change in status' etc etc. I want to know what I need to do next to ammend this. My employer is really being of no help.
    1. Can I file for CHANGE IN STATUS?
    2. Can I file for Amendmend in I-129 Petition?
    3. If yes, what is the procedure to do that? And how long does it take before I can get my I-94?
    4. I am currently on an H4 visa, now since my H1 is approved, does my H4 get cancelled?
    5. Do I have to leave the country rightaway to get stamping?
    I really am not sure what other questions I need to ask? Has anyone faced a situation similar to this? Please any help is appreciated. I really need answers soon. Thanks a lot for all the help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X