Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b visa transfer

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I was on H1b visa working for a company X. I was terminated from my position Nov 9th. My last paycheck was Nov 14th. I have found a new employer, company Y, and I did not tell them that I was terminated, and they filed H1 visa transfer and was FEDEXed Nov. 21.

Is being out of status during that period going to jeopardize my visa transfer? Is there a possibility that my previous employer can cancel my original H1 visa?
    Additionally, the lawyer at company Y told me that I can work without waiting for tregardingt, Is that true, and with the current situation, do u recommend that I should do something?

Please advise me regarding these questions and let me know if there is something that I should do regarding this matter. Thank very much for your help and cooperation, in advance.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

It is very subjective what will exactly happen. Your case may be approved also if no one notices.

You should follow the advice of your attorney.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I think there is a one month grace period to switch employers in case of a layoff. You can start working for company Y as soon as you receive the EAC number. You do not have to wait to receive the H1b approval papers. Just start working and dont worry about the status.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X