H4 to H1 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 conversion

I'm on H1-B in the US for the last 10 months & my H1B is valid for another year & a half. My wife has just joined me here in the US and she also has valid H4 till 2008.

I want to know, how to start for applying for converting H4 to H1. I've been searching all over but nowhere i find clear answers.

1. How to apply for H4 to H1 conversion.
    2. Where to apply?
    3. Is it necessary to have job offer in hand to apply for this conversion, meaning should a company sponsor the H1 or we can apply for it on our own?
    4. What documents would be required(ITIN..etc..?)

Hoping to find prompt replies soon from you all. Thanks in advance.

H4 to H1

I'm on H1-B in the US for the last 10 months & my H1B is valid for another year & a half. My wife has just joined me here in the US and she also has valid H4 till 2008.

I want to know, how to start for applying for converting H4 to H1. I've been searching all over but nowhere i find clear answers.

1. How to apply for H4 to H1 conversion.

---- You cannot convert H4 to H1 as and when you wish. You have to find an employer who can sponsor H1 and then apply for Change of Status from H4to H1

2. Where to apply?

---- Your application has to be sent to the USCIS office by the employer and not by you. They have to pay all the fees associated with the applicaiton

3. Is it necessary to have job offer in hand to apply for this conversion, meaning should a company sponsor the H1 or we can apply for it on our own?

---- Yes, H1 is only for a job and you have to have a job offer in hand by an organization. A company has to sponsor the H1 and you cannot apply on your own by yourself

4. What documents would be required(ITIN..etc..?)

---- At the time of applying ask the employer and their attorney. Normally, your degree certificates, experience letters are needed

---- If you had searched the forums and websites you will get all the answers. Do some leg work. Everything does not come easily

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X