Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1

Hi

I came to US in H4 visa but i had applied for H1 when i was in india which got approved (Nov 06).

I went to SSN office with I797C requesting for SSN but i was denied with reason ni valid I94.

Can i re-apply pls help me on this regard my employer says that he can not get placed with out an SSN.

Thanks
    Sat

H4 and then H1

I came to US in H4 visa but i had applied for H1 when i was in india which got approved (Nov 06).

I went to SSN office with I797C requesting for SSN but i was denied with reason ni valid I94.

Can i re-apply pls help me on this regard my employer says that he can not get placed with out an SSN.

---- You have entered US on H4 and thus your status is H4 and cannot be changed to H1. That is also the reason you were not given SSN. If you want H1 status you have to go out of the country, get H1 issued and enter US on H1 with a valid I-94, apply for SSN and then start getting paid

---- Speak to your employer and their attorney how best this can be done in a short period of time so that you start working and getting paid

Subramanya

Comment

H4 to h1 stamping Documents

Thanks Mr Subramanya,

Iam preparing for my stamping at chennai consulate.

Pls let me know what are all the documents that i require or the VO might ask for.

And also some interview tips that would help. I have no paystubs with me since i have not woked in US since i was in H4.

Pls advice.

Thanks
      Sat

Comment

Working...
      X