Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issued 221g without specifying any reason

Hi,

I have attended the interview along with my husband on 30th NOV 06 at chennai counsulate and it went on very fine and suddenly the VO issued 221g. and he striked the first option in that. here is what exactly has happened.
    Here goes my experience today at the counsulate
    As everyday it is too crowded and i had to wait very long in many Queues. one whcih is outside the consulate and then slowly moving into the consulate, and then for fingure prints and then finally for the interview. My actual appointment time was at 9:45 and by the time i reached the window for interview it was 1:15. the VO was very cool a young guy. He acted as if he is going to issue the visa and finally said that additional administrative processing is required.
    Here are questions posed to me:
    VO : How long are you with xx
    Me : Since 9 months
    VO: ok Before that
    Me: i was with xxx for 1 year and before that with xxx.
    VO: Whai is qualification Mam
    Me: Masters in Business admin, PGDCA and BSc Computers
    VO: ok can i see all the certificates and mark sheets
    ME : given them
    VO: scanned the certificates and gave back to me
    VO: ok which is the client you are going to work for
    Me: xxx
    VO: Can i see any client letters for review
    Me: Given the WO
    VO: What is the project you are working on
    Me : told the project name
    VO : ok, and started reading the client letter thoroghly and stated cross veryfying something in the computer for quite sometime. and afetr a long break he said Mam i need to do some additional processing on these papers and we would contact you once we are done with the process. So for the moment i am returning your passports and would contact you , and i am giving you this blue sheet and i am writing your case number on it.

He returned the Passports alone with the blu 221(g) sheet marking the first option which says need to do some additional administrative processing before taking a final decision.

He did not return my I797, client letter , LCA etc with him and did not return them to me.and finally before coming out we enquired with a person who is helping out people there showing him the blue sheet , asked him whether they will email or call he said they will give you a call madam.

can anyone Please let me know what are the chances of getting the visa. and probably how much time would it take for any status. and is there any site where i can check the status or any phone number where i can call.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Regards
    xxxx
    Last edited by usa; 12-08-2006, 03:08 PM.

Originally posted by usa
    Hi,

I have attended the interview along with my husband on 30th NOV 06 at chennai counsulate and it went on very fine and suddenly the VO issued 221g. and he striked the first option in that. here is what exactly has happened.
    Here goes my experience today at the counsulate
    As everyday it is too crowded and i had to wait very long in many Queues. one whcih is outside the consulate and then slowly moving into the consulate, and then for fingure prints and then finally for the interview. My actual appointment time was at 9:45 and by the time i reached the window for interview it was 1:15. the VO was very cool a young guy. He acted as if he is going to issue the visa and finally said that additional administrative processing is required.
    Here are questions posed to me:
    VO : How long are you with HP
    Me : Since 9 months
    VO: ok Before that
    Me: i was with TCS for 1 year and before that with Ramps Engineers.
    VO: Whai is qualification Mam
    Me: Masters in Business admin, PGDCA and BSc Computers
    VO: ok can i see all the certificates and mark sheets
    ME : given them
    VO: scanned the certificates and gave back to me
    VO: ok which is the client you are going to work for
    Me: Kennedy group
    VO: Can i see any client letters for review
    Me: Given the WO
    VO: What is the project you are working on
    Me : told the project name
    VO : ok, and started reading the client letter thoroghly and stated cross veryfying something in the computer for quite sometime. and afetr a long break he said Mam i need to do some additional processing on these papers and we would contact you once we are done with the process. So for the moment i am returning your passports and would contact you , and i am giving you this blue sheet and i am writing your case number on it.

He returned the Passports alone with the blu 221(g) sheet marking the first option which says need to do some additional administrative processing before taking a final decision.

He did not return my I797, client letter , LCA etc with him and did not return them to me.and finally before coming out we enquired with a person who is helping out people there showing him the blue sheet , asked him whether they will email or call he said they will give you a call madam.

can anyone Please let me know what are the chances of getting the visa.
    They will check your client, for that they will give a call to them, alert your client first. If your client is genuine, surely u will get the visa.
    and probably how much time would it take for any status.
    Normally it will take 6-8 weeks time, if u r lucky u ll get it in 2 weeks time, some ppl got it in 2 weeks.
    and is there any site where i can check the status or any phone number where i can call.

http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/uploa...ases061204.pdf
    Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Regards
    xxxx
    Cheers
    Frederik

Comment

My client is genuine

Originally posted by ssss63
      Cheers
      Frederik
      Thanks!! Frederik and my case id starts with 3, and the link you gave shows only case IDs starting with 2. are they not updateing it or is there any specific way to look at it. And any contact number where i can call and know the status

Regards
      xxxx
      Last edited by usa; 12-08-2006, 03:14 PM.

Comment

221g

hi i too had same case of 221g blue form plz let me know about its time to be processed by them.is their any method contacting embassy.reply me

Comment

221g in London

My case is exactly similar to "usa"
          I had applied in March 2006 in London. I have been waiting for 9 months. Really frustrated with the system.
          Its not a security check but a employer check. They want to verify the details of my employer and his various clients.
          God knows how long it'll still take them. All they have to check is whether my employer pays Income Tax and whether he has clients as mentioned in the employment contract by actually calling them.
          I cant understand what takes them soo long.

Good Luck everyone.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X