Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can H4 visa holder travel before the H1 visa holder

Hi,
    We have a valid H1(my husband) and H4 (myself) visas.
    The problem is I want to travel to the US before him because I have my sister's house warming ceremony. So could someone please guide me if it is OK to travel before him OR will the immigration stop me from doing so ?
    Thanks for your time .

H4 and Travel

We have a valid H1(my husband) and H4 (myself) visas.
    The problem is I want to travel to the US before him because I have my sister's house warming ceremony. So could someone please guide me if it is OK to travel before him OR will the immigration stop me from doing so ?

---- If you have a valid and unexpired Visa on a valid and unexpired Passport then you are good to travel and enter US. Produce a copy the I-797 of H1 at the POE if prompted by the Immigration Officer.

Subramanya

Comment

it is the first time so is it ok if he isnt thr coz im dependent on him.

i hold a valid visa n passport but since its first time i am worried,coz in immigration they usually ask whr is ur husband ..if i say he still isnt come ..is it ok..shd i tell them the real reason?

Comment

I have similar situation and want to know your experience...

Originally posted by palls View Post
        i hold a valid visa n passport but since its first time i am worried,coz in immigration they usually ask whr is ur husband ..if i say he still isnt come ..is it ok..shd i tell them the real reason?
        I am on H4 and planning to travel USA before my husband (Holding new H1B stamped from India).
        I have my sister there whose delivery is in next month and needed help.

Now wanted to know if there was a challenge in POE when you came.
        Also did they asked about your husband location? what was your reply on that? Basically wanted to get an idea of the whole experience you had in POE.
        Please please please help me out....as this is getting really confusing and scaring for me

Please note: I had been in USA previously in different visa and was also working there. Not sure if that helps me in any way.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X