Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different problem...need advice

Hi,

I have a valid H4 visa ...I have been working from home for an american co for the last few months. I will be traveling to the US now on the H4, my employer is suggesting that I continue working as an independent contractor in the US also, till I get my H1B. Is this legal as I will be paid in the US and the H4 does not give work authorization?

Any advice would be very helpful.

thanks,
    shanx

mr.subramanya can you help please...

if you could give suggestions on whether this is possible, it would be very helpful...

thanks,
    shanx

Comment

H4 Issues

I have a valid H4 visa ...I have been working from home for an american co for the last few months. I will be traveling to the US now on the H4, my employer is suggesting that I continue working as an independent contractor in the US also, till I get my H1B. Is this legal as I will be paid in the US and the H4 does not give work authorization?

Any advice would be very helpful.

---- NO, you cannot be paid while on H4 in the US, as that has to be reported as taxable income. If you will be paid that becomes an illegal transaction

---- It would be wise to wait for your H1 to come through and then start working for the employer in US.

Subramanya

Comment

thanks for the prompt response

thanks mr.subramanya for the response....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X