Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many years of Education needed for H1 visa to get approved

HI FRIENDS,

I HAVE FINISHED MY BSC., IN COMPUERSCIENCE AND I DO HAVE NEARLY 4 YEARS OF IT EXPERIENCE IN ONE OF THE HOTTEST TECHNOLOGIES.

AM PLANNING TO FLE H1 FOR THE NEXT MARCH2007 QUOTA IS IT MANDATORY THAT THE PERSON HAS TO HAVE 16 YEARS OF EDUCATION TO GET A H1 APPROVED . IN MY CASE I HAVE ONLY 15 YEARS OF EDUCATION IS THIS SUFFICIENT TO GET H1 VISA APPROVED .

DID ANY ONE GOT H1 APPROVAL WITH 15 YRS OD EDUC ATION PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS ISSUE URGENTLY

REPLY UR MAILS TO [email protected]

thanks in advance
    aswini

Hi

Truly speaking u need at least 3 years of exp to get visa. but as u say ur exp is on hottest tech....u might get visa with less exp as well...that all depends on the VO sitting in India. (Also depends on how your US employeer projects ur exp to the US gov in the US for getting H1 approval)

so in all 15 year or 16 year education may not come in to picture if ur US employeer project ur exp correctly.

HTH
    Neeraj

Comment

don't worry, be Happy

Try to get a copy of "Educational Evaluation" that was surely done by your US employer through Attorney/Evaluator. It should mention like..."The U.S Immigration Law and Regulations allows 3years of specialized training or work experience to substitute for every year that the alien lacks at the university level. Based on the guidelines, .... (name) needs 3 years of experience to compensate for his/her 1 year of university education." Also, at the end, it should be mentioned like..."For employment purpose his/her education and professional experience are EQUIVALENT to an individual with Bachelor of Engineering degree in....(course name, computer sc. in your case I guess) from an accredited university in the USA."

VO probably won't ask you this question and may not even ask for this copy. But, it is always better to be well equiped at your end....ALL THE BEST.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X