Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 Transfer issue - shanx/Subramanya - Please help

Hi guys,

I have this complication regarding my H1 validity for which i need your help --

I have a valid H1B visa from company B which was stamped very recently , while i still continue to work in company A. Now company A wants to file my L1 visa. Will this void my h1B visa?

Having a valid H1B visa from another employer jeopardise my chances of getting my L1 visa from my present company?

Provided i get my L1 visa and my H1 is valid, and if i travel to US on L1 , can i change over or resign from my present company and join my h1B employer without landing in India?

Please provide details as to where i can resolve these queries which i have........

Thanks a lot .....

--Rohit

L1 and H1 issues

I have this complication regarding my H1 validity for which i need your help --

I have a valid H1B visa from company B which was stamped very recently , while i still continue to work in company A. Now company A wants to file my L1 visa. Will this void my h1B visa?

---- NO, it does not void your H1B Visa

Having a valid H1B visa from another employer jeopardise my chances of getting my L1 visa from my present company?

---- Same question as above is repeated in a different form. Again the response is NO

Provided i get my L1 visa and my H1 is valid, and if i travel to US on L1 , can i change over or resign from my present company and join my h1B employer without landing in India?

---- Once you coe to US at the POE you have to declare your intentions of entering on L1 or H1. Accordingly your I-94 will be issued and the validity of that will be as per your L1 or H1

---- You cannot change companies while in US from L1 to H1 or H1 to L1 since your I-94 does not permit you. You may have to leave the country and reenter in order to be eligible for the next Visa status

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X