Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extension VISA process question

Hi,

I have been in US for the past 2/1/2 years, my wife and kid also came here on dependent VISA.
    My present VISA is valid till Jan31st2007
    I applied for my H1 extension on Oct16th2006 and my wife and kid H4 extensions through regular process.
    Last month my wife and Kid went to India and I have to go by end of Dec, and all of planning to come back by Jan18th, 2007.
    As I am coming on Jan18th 2007, still I have 12 days valid VISA. But I thought I want to get my VISA done for another 3 years, I gone thorough premium process, now I got my VISA extension through premium process. But still my wife and kid VISA are pending.

My question is

Can I book their VISA interview slot with my EAC number?
    And will they get VISA based on my EAC number even their H4 extension is in pending?

Thanks in advance

H4 and H1 Visas

I have been in US for the past 2/1/2 years, my wife and kid also came here on dependent VISA.
    My present VISA is valid till Jan31st2007
    I applied for my H1 extension on Oct16th2006 and my wife and kid H4 extensions through regular process.
    Last month my wife and Kid went to India and I have to go by end of Dec, and all of planning to come back by Jan18th, 2007.
    As I am coming on Jan18th 2007, still I have 12 days valid VISA. But I thought I want to get my VISA done for another 3 years, I gone thorough premium process, now I got my VISA extension through premium process. But still my wife and kid VISA are pending.

My question is

Can I book their VISA interview slot with my EAC number?
    And will they get VISA based on my EAC number even their H4 extension is in pending?

---- Yes, you can book the Visa interview based on the EAC number

---- They will not get the Visa based on the EAC number for which the H4 approval notice is definitely required.

---- However, since you are going to India with an approved H1 extension, your wife can provide a copy of the H1 approval notice to the VO and get the Visa issued

---- The H4 approval notice (Form I-539) is required to be approved and in your possession if your wife and kid continue to stay in the US without traveling overseas

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X