H1-B renewal and exiting the US on an expired H1-B visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B renewal and exiting the US on an expired H1-B visa

1) My H1-B visa stamp is expiring on the 3rd of Feb 2007 after the 1st three years. I am getting married to a girl in New Delhi on the 10th of Feb 2007. So i will be leaving the US on an expired visa stamp around the 5th of Feb. Is it okay to exit the US on an expired visa stamp and go to the US embassy in New Delhi for another renewal of 3 years ? I will be requiring an H1-B visa stamp for myself and a H-4 visa stamp for my wife. I am presently working for Sprint Nextel as a RF Engineer and my I-797 is valid till Feb 2009. Please advise.

2) My second question is that can i book an appointment for getting the visas prior to getting married and that would help me plan out things earlier. For example i am getting married on the 10th, so could i book an appointment around the 12th of Feb 2007. Is there any information required that would hinder me from booking an appointment beforehand, for example marriage certificate number etc ?

My H1-B visa stamp is expiring on the 3rd of Feb 2007 after the 1st three years. I am getting married to a girl in New Delhi on the 10th of Feb 2007. So i will be leaving the US on an expired visa stamp around the 5th of Feb. Is it okay to exit the US on an expired visa stamp and go to the US embassy in New Delhi for another renewal of 3 years ? I will be requiring an H1-B visa stamp for myself and a H-4 visa stamp for my wife. I am presently working for Sprint Nextel as a RF Engineer and my I-797 is valid till Feb 2009. Please advise.

---- You should be having the extension/renewal of H1 documents with you from your company who must have extended your H1B. In which case you can travel out of US any time. However, on retur you should have the Visa issued to you

2) My second question is that can i book an appointment for getting the visas prior to getting married and that would help me plan out things earlier. For example i am getting married on the 10th, so could i book an appointment around the 12th of Feb 2007. Is there any information required that would hinder me from booking an appointment beforehand, for example marriage certificate number etc ?

---- Yes, you should be fine. There is no need of any marriage certificate number. Ensure that you have a marriage certificate in hand at the time of interview

Subramanya

Comment

Appointment together for me and my wife

Hi Subramanya,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response. I have one more question for you. Can me and my wife book an appointment together at the US Embassy in New Delhi ? I would like to go together to make things simpler for her and myself. Hope there is a way.

Thanks,
      Chato

Comment

Visa Appointment

Thanks a lot for your prompt response. I have one more question for you. Can me and my wife book an appointment together at the US Embassy in New Delhi ? I would like to go together to make things simpler for her and myself. Hope there is a way.

---- It is advisable to take appointment together when you are going for H1 and H4. That way all the task is completed in one stroke at one window and by one VO

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X