Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query regarding H4

Hi
    I have got my H1 stamped last month , I am getting married this month and planning to get H4 for my wife, so that we can travel together.
    So please suggest me is it ok if we apply for H4 now, because i am still in india so i dont have any paystuds from my US company.
    And please suggest if there are any other supporting docs which will help.

Please reply as soon as possible

Thanks in Advance
    Vinay

hi,

you can apply for your wife's H4 while you are in India itself. for the list of documents, see the link http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/work_visas_h_l.html

--shanx

Comment

Query regarding H4

Hi
      Thanks for the response,
      I have one more doubt. When my papers were filed for H1 that time i was not engaged so why there is no mention of any dependent accompanying me to US in the pitition filed.

So now will it be of any problem , and do i need to get any letter or Doc from my US employer .... to support H4 - dependent relation ???

And is it required to get the spouse name endorsed on both of our passports before she for for INterview ???

PLease respond as soon as possible ... your suggestion will be of great help to me

Thanks in advance
      Vinay

Comment

Originally posted by vishal84
        Hi
        Thanks for the response,
        I have one more doubt. When my papers were filed for H1 that time i was not engaged so why there is no mention of any dependent accompanying me to US in the pitition filed.

So now will it be of any problem , no... shld not be a problem as you were single at that time
        and do i need to get any letter or Doc from my US employer .... to support H4 - dependent relation ??? it is good to have one such letter from your comp. generally they have format

And is it required to get the spouse name endorsed on both of our passports before she for for INterview ???
        get it done if you have time. but dont forget to carry marriage certificate
        PLease respond as soon as possible ... your suggestion will be of great help to me

Thanks in advance
        Vinay
        HTH
        RK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X