Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Document - I797

Dear All,

I am sending the documents to india for my daughter to get H4 visa stamp.

I have prepared all the necessary documents to send it. I have a doubt whether i have to send the original I797 approval papers of mine or else the Notarised copy of my I797 approval paper will do?

Can any one experienced this problem? Please help me it is urgent....

regards
    Guidance

Seniors please help me in this regard.

Can i send the original I 797 form or Notarised copies of I 797 approval form.

regards
    Guidance

Comment

plz call the respective consulate and enquire about it. generally speaking original I-797 is good but i have seen that they do accept copies of it.

Comment

Hi Jimmy

Thank you so much Jimmy; I will call the VFS office in india regarding the Original I 797 papers.

Can any one had the same situation? Please respond and post your experience in here.

regards
        guidance

Comment

Its better to send the original copy, and you can get the copy later even if you happened to miss somewhere

Comment

Subramanya comment on this

Subramanya,

Can you please comment on my queries?

regards
            Guidance

Comment

H4 Issues

Subramanya,

Can you please comment on my queries?

---- There are two versions. The vfs website says you should submit the original I-797 and the US consulate websites say a photocopy is sufficient. This is the way I hae gone about it and also told people the same thing.

---- Normally all official docments should not be sent out of a country by normal persons. Only the Govt and their agencies are authorized to do so. Do you send a Passport out ofthe country (you are not expected to and if it is detected, you are liable for so many things

---- Make a judgment call and I wuould go wiht the opinion of sending the notarized copy of an I-797 as that is authentic and by all means the VO has access to verification of the genuine I-797 (and even you do). They will thus verify all the detials of the I-797 online and then act. Since it is for a H4 of your child, the scrutiny will be less stringent (hopefully). Othewise you whould be fine just sending the notarized copy of the I-797. Retain the original with you

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X