Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to be employed during Consulate Interview

Hi,

I am new to H1B. I booked my consulate interview five months before at Mumbai Consulate for my H1B Visa stamping.

But I lost my job three months ago when the project ended abruptly. (This company did not file my H1B. I filed my H1B through a known consultant of mine). I am not employed since then. I didnt have any salary proof also for the last three months.

My consulate interview is within a month, and my consultant wants me to come to US as soon as I get my visa stamped.

Will the VO expect me to be employed during the Consulate Interview?
    Will my candidature be considered?

Kindly reply. Its very URGENT!!!

Thanks in advance - Priya Jagadeesh
    Last edited by PriyaJagadeesh; 01-06-2007, 04:34 AM.

Visa and employment

I am new to H1B. I booked my consulate interview five months before at Mumbai Consulate for my H1B Visa stamping.

But I lost my job three months ago when the project ended abruptly. (This company did not file my H1B. I filed my H1B through a known consultant of mine). I am not employed since then. I didnt have any salary proof also for the last three months.

My consulate interview is within a month, and my consultant wants me to come to US as soon as I get my visa stamped.

Will the VO expect me to be employed during the Consulate Interview?
    Will my candidature be considered?

---- The Visa interview of H1B is for an employment with a company in the US. If that is your question, then yes, you should have a letter offering you employment

---- If the issue is regarding employment elsewhere other than in US, they may not question you about being employed but you have to justify your experience, skills and other requirements for the position you are seeking in the US

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Mr. Subramanya for the services

Dear Mr. Subramanya,

Thanks for the support and services. I was working for a firm in India, and I am going to US through a consultant to work for his client. I have the consultant's offer letter and client's letter offering me employment. I have proof for experience till November 06. I am confident and I will share you my success story after the interview.

Wishes from Priya Jagadeesh.

Comment

hello priyajagadeesh,

can u please share ur experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X