Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Please

Dear Seniors and latest H4 folks,

I booked an appointment in jan 3 rd week for H4 visa interview. I couldn't find tamil langauge dates at any time while booking.

I booked this english appointment 4 months before for the H4 visa.

My daughter is going for H4 visa interview accompanied by my father as she is younger. My father wont be fluent in english is there any way we can ask the consulate people to provide interpreter for regional language in chennai consulate.

Can we request them the langauge selection at the time of interview? is that ok?

Even for the past one month i am trying to see the regional dates, i couldn't find any??????

Please respond it is very urgent.

regards
    guidance

Dear Subramanya,

Can you please share your opinion in this regards.

regards
    Guidance

Comment

Visa interview

I booked an appointment in jan 3 rd week for H4 visa interview. I couldn't find tamil langauge dates at any time while booking.

I booked this english appointment 4 months before for the H4 visa.

My daughter is going for H4 visa interview accompanied by my father as she is younger. My father wont be fluent in english is there any way we can ask the consulate people to provide interpreter for regional language in chennai consulate.

Can we request them the langauge selection at the time of interview? is that ok?

---- At the time of the Visa interview you can request the prescreening officer to arrange for a language translator and depending on the age of the child they permit and if the child can answer on their own (there is no better alternative).

---- We have no idea of the age of the child and thus we cannot speculate much more at this time

We hope this has responded your query. Further queries, the forum is there for you

Subramanya

Comment

Thank You Subramanya. I Forget to mention her age, she is 4 years old and speaks very well in her mother tongue. In DS 156 Form whether she has to sign or finger prints. She writes her name very well.

Can i ask her to sign in the DS 156 Form?

regards
        Guidance

Comment

DS 156 Form

I Forget to mention her age, she is 4 years old and speaks very well in her mother tongue. In DS 156 Form whether she has to sign or finger prints[. She writes her name very well.

Can i ask her to sign in the DS 156 Form?

---- An elder parent or guardian has to sign the document, as they are responsbile and accountable for all the details filled in the application. Do you expect a 4 year old to have that kind of maturity

---- If what you write is true then no one needs to accompany the child to the US Consulate as the child can speak and write fluently

---- Finger print and thumb impressions are not permitted. If you want to learn this the hard way, the choice remains yours

Subramanya

Comment

Dear Subramanya,

It makes sense the way you have mentioned. I will ask the guardian to sign the document and go for the interview.

Also i will ask them to request for an interpreter at the prescreening area. If they dont accept then i will ask my father to go for English Langauge itself.

Would you like to give some more tips in regards for the success of this H4 stamp? I will highly appreciate your effort.

Thank you for your time in answering all my queries.

regards
            Guidance

Comment

Urgent!!! Urgent!!!

It makes sense the way you have mentioned. I will ask the guardian to sign the document and go for the interview.

Also i will ask them to request for an interpreter at the prescreening area. If they dont accept then i will ask my father to go for English Langauge itself.

Would you like to give some more tips in regards for the success of this H4 stamp? I will highly appreciate your effort.

Thank you for your time in answering all my queries.

---- Wait a minute? I may be totally wrong. If the chid is not accompanied by the parent (either mother or father) the US Consulate does not encourage anyone else coming for the interview

---- I might have misunderstood your post and assumed that your wife may be going for the interview. Your father (the child's grandfather) is not permitted to attend the interview even they are allowed into the Consulate room for waiting

---- I am writing this after I have seen a few cases get 221g just for that

Please reassess your situation and make a decision

Subramanya

Comment

Urgent!! Urgent!!!

Dear Subramanya,

Before booking the appointment, I checked with VFS help line and they suggest me to take first my father visa and then he can take my daughter for the Visa Interview.

Initally my plan was to keep my daughter in india only due to my inlaws death (Both FIL and MIL) the situation has changed and now i cant leave her in my place as my father is a widower and i want to bring her now as she is left alone in india.

In VFS, they said there is no problem if my father takes her for Visa Interview? Can you please help me how to handle this situations? How to avoid getting 221g?

This will be great help if you guide me in getting H4 stamp for my daughter. My father got his visa recently and he has plan to come and visit me in the month of feb 2007.

regards
                Guidance
                Last edited by guidance; 01-10-2007, 02:16 AM.

Comment

H4 Issues

Before booking the appointment, I checked with VFS help line and they suggest me to take first my father visa and then he can take my daughter for the Visa Interview.

Initally my plan was to keep my daughter in india only due to my inlaws death (Both FIL and MIL) the situation has changed and now i cant leave her in my place as my father is a widower and i want to bring her now as she is left alone in india.

In VFS, they said there is no problem if my father takes her for Visa Interview? Can you please help me how to handle this situations? How to avoid getting 221g?

This will be great help if you guide me in getting H4 stamp for my daughter. My father got his visa recently and he has plan to come and visit me in the month of feb 2007.

---- Once again I do fail to understand your situation completely. Please let me know if you the father or the mother of the child. If so, are both the parents alive or the child is a single parent child

---- If the child is single and in India and appearing for a H4 Visa interview and if your Father can accompany the child to the US Consulate as per suggestion of VFS then that should answer all your queries. Please double check this information and proceed

Subramanya

Comment

Dear Subramanya,

Both the parents (Father and mother of the child) are alive and living in USA. My daughter is 4 years old and My father is 60 years old. My father got his stamping (Vistior visa) recently and planning to come and visit me in the month of feb 2007.

Initally my plan was to keep my daughter under inlaws care in india only due to my inlaws unexpected death (Both Father-in-law and Mother-in-law) the situation has changed and now i cant leave her in my place as my father is a widower and i want to bring her now as she is left alone (both father and mother live in USA) in india.

VFS told me that i can make an appointment for my daughter and my father can take her for the Visa interview. My father can answer all the questions in the US consulate visa interview on behalf of my daughter.

In VFS, they said there is no problem if my father takes her for Visa Interview? Can you please help me how to handle this situations? How to avoid getting 221g if applicable?

This will be great help if you guide me in getting H4 stamp for my daughter.

regards
                    Guidance

Comment

Originally posted by guidance
                      Dear Subramanya,

Both the parents (Father and mother of the child) are alive and living in USA. My daughter is 4 years old and My father is 60 years old. My father got his stamping (Vistior visa) recently and planning to come and visit me in the month of feb 2007.

Initally my plan was to keep my daughter under inlaws care in india only due to my inlaws unexpected death (Both Father-in-law and Mother-in-law) the situation has changed and now i cant leave her in my place as my father is a widower and i want to bring her now as she is left alone (both father and mother live in USA) in india.

VFS told me that i can make an appointment for my daughter and my father can take her for the Visa interview. My father can answer all the questions in the US consulate visa interview on behalf of my daughter.

In VFS, they said there is no problem if my father takes her for Visa Interview? Can you please help me how to handle this situations? How to avoid getting 221g if applicable?

This will be great help if you guide me in getting H4 stamp for my daughter.

regards
                      Guidance
                      When VFS confirmed that they wld allow your father for ur baby's interview and he can answer all questions so what is you are worried about?

If can, write a letter to VO, explaining the situation, i.e. both parents of the child came to US on <> and child was under the guidance of grand parents and now you want her to come here.

I am sure.. VOs are kind enough and won’t reject the visa to your baby (if all your documents, status are good). Be positive my friend.

Please type your questions more clearly, if you have any.

HTH
                      RK
                      Last edited by ramkumarkoditala; 01-10-2007, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks RK and Subramanya.

You guys have helped many people in this forum to attain their visa. I appreciate your support and valuable inputs in this forum.

regards
                        Guidance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X