Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg of H4 Visa documents

Hi to all,

WISH YOU A HAPPY PONGAL OF ALL IMMIHELP Members and Visitors.

i am going to be apply H4 for my family members. i think these are necessary documents (H1b Holder side).
    1. my I-797 (i am not sure to show original or photo copy)
    2. My passport total pages photo copy with I-94 copy
    3. Pay stubs
    4. work experience letter.

i have doubt i want to send I-797 original or photocopy

below 14yrs children's need to attend the interview .

and i need to submit other than these documents.

Thanks,

Hi, I hopes this answer will help you.....

---- There are two versions. The vfs website says you should submit the original I-797 and the US consulate websites say a photocopy is sufficient. This is the way I hade gone about it and also told people the same thing.

---- Normally all official docments should not be sent out of a country by normal persons. Only the Govt and their agencies are authorized to do so. Do you send a Passport out of the country (you are not expected to and if it is detected, you are liable for so many things)

---- Make a judgment call and I wuould go wiht the opinion of sending the notarized copy of an I-797 as that is authentic and by all means the VO has access to verification of the genuine I-797 (and even you do). They will thus verify all the detials of the I-797 online and then act. Since it is for a H4 of your child, the scrutiny will be less stringent (hopefully). Othewise you whould be fine just sending the notarized copy of the I-797. Retain the original with you

Subramanya, ( suggestion given by Senior Member)

I have a question for you. Did you book the appointment in regional language or in englsih? Did you atleast tried in regional or not?

I expect your prompt answer. Along with your documents dont forget to send the W2 Forms which is very important....

Do you prepare probable questions that may be asked in interview? if yes can you post those questions?

regards
    Guidance
    Last edited by guidance; 01-10-2007, 12:30 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X