H4 visa procedure - need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa procedure - need help!

Hello to everyone. I am currently in the US on H1B visa. I am planning to take my kids here soon. I need advice on what steps to take for their H4 visa applications. Should I start by sending an application to USCIS (just like for H1B/form I-129) ? Or, is my I-797, the notice of approval from USCIS, sufficient enough to support H4 visa application such that they can schedule for interview at the Consulate Office anytime? I understand that they will bring all necessary documents I have as H1b visa holder for the interview.

All inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Lou

H4 issues

I am currently in the US on H1B visa. I am planning to take my kids here soon. I need advice on what steps to take for their H4 visa applications. Should I start by sending an application to USCIS (just like for H1B/form I-129) ? Or, is my I-797, the notice of approval from USCIS, sufficient enough to support H4 visa application such that they can schedule for interview at the Consulate Office anytime? I understand that they will bring all necessary documents I have as H1b visa holder for the interview.

---- If you are applying for H4 outside the US, what you written is the correct procedure. There is no need to take any other steps other than presenting and keeping the documents in order

Subramanya

Comment

Subramanya,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Did you mean my kids can go ahead call for visa interview at the Consular office (outside US) with just my I-797 and copy of I-129, I-94, my bank statements, my pay slips, their orig. birth cert's, and other things? What if my visa stamped in my passport is not renewed? Will that be a problem for my kids' visa application? However, I got a new I-94 from the USCIS together with my extended/approved petition (I-797). Will that be just fine? What can you say?

Also, how much will be the H4 visa application for each child? Is it only $100 paid in the bank for the electronic marking of DS-156? Are there other more fees?

Thanks again in advance.

Lou

Comment

H4 issues

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Did you mean my kids can go ahead call for visa interview at the Consular office (outside US) with just my I-797 and copy of I-129, I-94, my bank statements, my pay slips, their orig. birth cert's, and other things?

---- Yes, if I understand correctly your kids are currently outside US then all what you have stated above is true and correct

What if my visa stamped in my passport is not renewed? Will that be a problem for my kids' visa application?

---- It does not matter

However, I got a new I-94 from the USCIS together with my extended/approved petition (I-797). Will that be just fine? What can you say?

---- To extend the above q&a, then yes. All these are teh documents required for processing H4 Visa for your kids

Also, how much will be the H4 visa application for each child? Is it only $100 paid in the bank for the electronic marking of DS-156? Are there other more fees?

---- For the fees and other details like mode of payment you have to depend on the website where you have taken the appointment ans also the country where you are seeking the appointment. However, each kid is deemed as a person and the applicable fees is per person like individual bank drafts etc

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X