Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B stamped, Any issues for B1 Interview

Hi All,

I am working with Indian Employer 'A' and I got H1B visa stamped recently from US Employer 'B' (Petition from outside of my current employer)

I have plan to be with my current employer for Appx 3 months and resign. Currently my current employer 'A' has filed B1 visa and I need to attend for interview in next 10 days.

Will there be any problems at consulate? Affecting my stamped H1B Visa?

Please advice me.

Thank you
    Anasuri

B1 and H1 issues

I am working with Indian Employer 'A' and I got H1B visa stamped recently from US Employer 'B' (Petition from outside of my current employer)

I have plan to be with my current employer for Appx 3 months and resign. Currently my current employer 'A' has filed B1 visa and I need to attend for interview in next 10 days.

Will there be any problems at consulate? Affecting my stamped H1B Visa?

---- If you are going to resign from the present company why do you need to go for B1 Visa

---- Even if you get the Visa, at the POE you will be asked to tell them on which Visa you want to enter US and accordingly you will receive a I-94

---- If the I-94 is for H1 then you are permitted to work in the US for that employer
    ---- If the I-94 is for B1 then you are not permitted to work and you will not be having H1 status

---- To retain the H1 status, you may have to go out of the country, get a H1 Visa stamp and enter US with an I-94 for H1

Subramanya

Thank you
    Anasuri[/QUOTE]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X