Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer - when safe to join?

Hi,
    I got my first H1B (previously on H4) through company A starting Oct 2006 and am working with them. Company B recently applied for my H1 transfer.

When is it safe to join B? Should I wait for receipt notice OR is it safer to wait to join B until I get my approval notice (via premium processing)? I can wait and do not want to take any chances. If I join B now and visa transfer gets denied, what will be my status? Please help me as I need to make decision by next week.

Thanks,
    RT

H1 Transfer

I got my first H1B (previously on H4) through company A starting Oct 2006 and am working with them. Company B recently applied for my H1 transfer.

When is it safe to join B? Should I wait for receipt notice OR is it safer to wait to join B until I get my approval notice (via premium processing)? I can wait and do not want to take any chances. If I join B now and visa transfer gets denied, what will be my status? Please help me as I need to make decision by next week.

---- The situation is totally dependent on you and your employer. Principally you can join soon after you receive your receipt.

---- If you are apprehensive about the H1 transfer not getting approved, then you might as well wait till the approval notice comes to your hands

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X