• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-156 form doubts

Hello

I have few questions on Form DS 156

1) Q 21 asks for Present occupation

This is a new h1 and i have been working in india .
    However,I have quit my job in india few months ago and as of now not working anywhere coz i am looking for getting this stamped.

Is it ok to write Not working ? or should I write programmer analyst coz that is the position for which i am going to appear for the visa interview.

2) Q 25 "Name and telephone number of of Person in U.S. Who You Will Be Staying With or Visiting for Tourism or Business"

Should I give the contact of the consultant?

3)Q 28 asks "who will pay for your trip"

I am going to pay myself but is it ok to write the same there or would it trigger more questions?

Please help.

H1 issues

I have few questions on Form DS 156

1) Q 21 asks for Present occupation

This is a new h1 and i have been working in india .
    However,I have quit my job in india few months ago and as of now not working anywhere coz i am looking for getting this stamped.

Is it ok to write Not working ? or should I write programmer analyst coz that is the position for which i am going to appear for the visa interview.

---- Why did you leave your job. What if the Visa is denied. Do you have better options

2) Q 25 "Name and telephone number of of Person in U.S. Who You Will Be Staying With or Visiting for Tourism or Business"

Should I give the contact of the consultant?

---- Yes

3)Q 28 asks "who will pay for your trip"

I am going to pay myself but is it ok to write the same there or would it trigger more questions?

---- If you are going to pay for your ticket you write self. This does not trigger any questions. It is all the other issues that you have to be prepared for to get through at the interview

Subramanya

Comment

Thank you subramanya for the answers.

I was working in a different city from my hometown and i had quit in an anticipation either to go to US or to work in my home town.

I had a previous H1 visa stamping which I never used and entered US later with B1 thrice and had a F1 before all these .I came back to india from US after my Masters.

Am not sure what are my chances now since I am not working as of now but preparing for a certification.
      Could tell this (preparation for certification) if I am asked about not working right now ?

Please advise!

Comment

H1 issues

I was working in a different city from my hometown and i had quit in an anticipation either to go to US or to work in my home town.

I had a previous H1 visa stamping which I never used and entered US later with B1 thrice and had a F1 before all these .I came back to india from US after my Masters.

Am not sure what are my chances now since I am not working as of now but preparing for a certification.
        Could tell this (preparation for certification) if I am asked about not working right now ?

---- Whatever that certification is, it is your interest. They are only going to ask you (if at all) what are you currently doing? It is upto you to answer

Subramanya

Comment

Thankyou!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X