Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B VISA Interview from Singapore

Hi Friends,
    I'm an Indian currently working in Singapore, and my Petition for a Non immigrant Worker (H1) is approved and i need to proceed for the Interview.
    Does anyone here have any experience similiar to my case? I wish to know.
    Compared to Chennai, is Singapore a better option? Is the Singapore US Embassy very pressy about documents etc?
    Pls let me know, thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Ravi.

Hi,

I can give u a hot reply. Yes, Singapore embassy is very pressy, and they check all documentation, Presently, i have expaerience with my candidate who attended interview y'day and got rejected- H1B. since, her documentation was not in a satisfying position. It was before i joined in this co. as Attorney, they did the documentation. and I feel really pity for my colleagues who have not guided for proper documentation. So my kindly advise, would be ur erstwhile employer need to give u a detailed letted stating ur role, responsibility, salry, nature of job in specality occupation. kindly check if its there before proceeding for the interview.

regards
    Nishitha.

Comment

Thanks for the Info.

Hi Nishitha,
      Thanks for the Info.
      I heard that an Indian working in Singapore can approach the Singapore US Embassy only after having completed 6 months of work here. How far is this true?
      Also apart from my roles / responsibilities from the employer, do they seek any other Employer related documentation?
      Is it possible for me to have a unofficial document list that they might expect?
      Thanks,
      Ravi.

Comment

L1 & L2 Visa doubt

Hello friends,

I have some doubts regarding L2 Visa. If anyone can help me it would be of great help to me.

1. Me and my wife both are working in India. My wife is getting her L1 visa processed. So can apply for L2 visa althoguh I'm working in india?

2. Can L2 visa be later converted to any other work visa say H1B or L1? If Yes, then what is the requirement for that?

3. Can L1 and L2 (spouse/dependent) visa be filed at the same time? Or L2 can be processed only after L1 is stamped.

Thanks in advance,
        - Abhijeet

Comment

1. Me and my wife both are working in India. My wife is getting her L1 visa processed. So can apply for L2 visa althoguh I'm working in india?

--Yes you can apply, no matter you are working or not and where do you work.

2. Can L2 visa be later converted to any other work visa say H1B or L1? If Yes, then what is the requirement for that?

--You will have to apply for H1 next year, but you can not change to L1. Only employers in India can apply for L1(transfer within company i.e. India to Usa)

3. Can L1 and L2 (spouse/dependent) visa be filed at the same time? Or L2 can be processed only after L1 is stamped.
          --Yes, you can apply it together. you need to read immihelp properly.
          Marriage certificate and Marriage photos are important. Employer of L1 will help you with this regard.
          I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Plzzzzzzz help

hi
            i am from india
            i have an experience of 2 yrs in india
            what are the documents required for H1 visa singapore
            any attestations required?
            and my academic certificates are laminated
            will it be a problem?
            how tough are they about documentation?

Comment

What a mess of a thread!