Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qurey regarding 156 and 157 for H4 visa (for dependants)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qurey regarding 156 and 157 for H4 visa (for dependants)

Hi I have 2 queries regarding H4

1. My wife and kid (6months old) are planning to come with me for the visa-interview but they are not travelling with me to US (they would join later, probably in 5-6 months after I have gone). But I am planning to take an appointment for all 3 together (me, wife and kid) and I have taken three HDCF challans for that. My question is, should I fill 3 sets of DS-156 and DS-157 (one set for each one of us), or is it just one set only to me? Some of my friends told me that 156 and 157 is required for me, and only 156 for my wife and kid (as 157 is male members from 15 -60 age).

2. If both 156 and 157 are required for my dependents, what should I give in the colum 'Give the details of the persons travelling with you'. Should I give my wife's name kids name in my form, my name and wife's name in my kids form and, my name and kid's name in my wife's form?

Please help me here since I stuck up without even booking the slot.

Regards
    Anil

DS 156 and 157 Form

1. My wife and kid (6months old) are planning to come with me for the visa-interview but they are not travelling with me to US (they would join later, probably in 5-6 months after I have gone). But I am planning to take an appointment for all 3 together (me, wife and kid) and I have taken three HDCF challans for that.

My question is, should I fill 3 sets of DS-156 and DS-157 (one set for each one of us), or is it just one set only to me?

---- Yes, you need to fill 3 sets of these forms as you are applying for your respective Visas. I.E. One set of forms per person. As per your name you seem to be an Indian citizen, thus you may check the vfs website and confirm these matters and not what your friends told you or what is written in these forums. The matter written in forums is at best informative but not the ultimate

2. If both 156 and 157 are required for my dependents, what should I give in the colum 'Give the details of the persons travelling with you'. Should I give my wife's name kids name in my form, my name and wife's name in my kids form and, my name and kid's name in my wife's form?

---- If no one is traveling with you then you write self (for yourself)
    ---- For your wife write self (meaning herself) and kid (as they seem to be coming at a later date)

Subramanya

Comment

Dependants doubts

------------------------------
      Subramanya, thanks a lot for your quick and valuable resonse.

I have one more doubt here.

---- If no one is traveling with you then you write self (for yourself)
      ---- For your wife write self (meaning herself) and kid (as they seem to be coming at a later date)

----Eventhough they dont have any plan to travel with me now, can I give their name in the column 'Persons travelling with you' ? (A sort of anticipatory bail, in case if I change of plan for them to travel with me ). Or is that mandatory that, if I give their name there, they need to fly with me (on the same day)?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X