H1 under 221(g).. Going for H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 under 221(g).. Going for H4

My wife went to Calcutta on 8th Nov 2006 for H1B stamping and VO gave her 221(g) asking for work place photos and W2’s of all the employees in her company. We submitted those documents next day it self. Now it has been about 3 months, no response from the consulate. We tried to contact VO, but they told it will take time.

Now we decided to go for H4. I am working on a big MNC software company. And I am in US since 2000. I sent all the documents Tax Returns for all the years, Last one year Play slips, Work place Photos, Last six months bank statements. All most everything I can provide.

• I am just wondering will there be any problems if she goes for H4 while her H1B is under 221(g) AAP. ?
    • Did any body face similar kind of situation? What was the result? What additional documents VO asked for.
    • Dose she has to carry any letters from her employer?
    • Dose she has to give any personal letters stating she doesn’t want H1B any more?

Please let me know guys. Your help will be appreciated. Her visa appointment is on 12th Feb.

Regards,
    Tarkesh

She can apply for H4. Should not be a problem. She does not to carry any documents regarding her previously applied H1.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help guys…. Today my wife attended the interview and VO asked only on question. “ Are you willing to work on H1B or not” my wife answered no. VO told that the VISA is issued.

My company immigration people scared me about our case, but IMMIHELP’s answer boosted our confidence. This site has been very good source for info. Thank U!!!

Guys please update the site whenever your case status changes. It will give hope to others…

Good Luck!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X