Degree requirement for filing H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Degree requirement for filing H1

Hi - I am currently on F1 and planning to graduate in august of this year. However, i will be working full time at a company starting april of this year on my OPT and the company will be filing my H1 right away. In order to file for H1 based on the US degree, is it necessary that I have a copy of my US degree by the time of H1 filing or can a copy of the degree be sent to USCIS july/august?

Please help...

Thanks

Can anyone of you please reply in case you have some information on this...i need to know this urgently...

Thanks

Comment

Hi

Hi, I know most of my friends & hubby included have moved from OPT's to H1B's. In my hubby's case he landed his job in March 06, which was when the H1B was filed for. He graduated in May 06 and got his formal degree certificate from UC Berkeley around August 06. Also I remember his paperwork/application for the H1B said Masters degree & "Ph.D pending(waiting for degree)" or something on these lines. So I know when his H1B was filed, he did not have his PhD degree in hand. I am not sure if this is what your questions was, but let me know if it wasnt.

Thanks
      HQ123

Comment

Thanks

Hi HQ123 - Thanks for the input. I am in the same situation as ur hubby was last year... Although the only thing different in my case is that i have not taken an MS but will be directly getting a PhD degree this summer. But again i have some friends who obtained their H1's on their B.Tech degrees too. So i guess by putting all this information together, it seems to me that im okay....

-happy123

Comment

Yup, but your case is still quite close to my hubby's since till the last minute he didnt get his Masters degree. He got it just before his H1 could be filed. This was because he changed advisors and left his 1st advisor (with whom he did his MS) a little angry. The 2nd advisor was sweet enough to give him the Ph.D and Masters. Yup, but my hubby did have his Masters while the H1 was filed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X