H1B revalidation in St.Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B revalidation in St.Louis

My H1b Visa (from Employer A) is expiring on Aug 31, 2007.

Last year i have changed my employer (B) and i got the H1B approval with the validity upto December 2008.

I am planning to go to india in July 2007 on 1 month vacation. Before that i want to do my H1b revalidation in St.louis.

One of my friend told me that I need to go to Chennai/Mumbai and i can not do it in St.louis, because INS is not stamping in ST.Louis after the 9/11 incident.

1 . Is that true?

2. If i send my passport with the H1b approval (from Employer B) will i get the visa ? (Means...revalidation of the visa is only for extending the visa for the same employer (A) NOT for new employers ??? )

3. How long the process takes?

4. After i send the passport. if i need to travel to inda for some emergency, then what should i do?

Thanks!

H1 revalidation

My H1b Visa (from Employer A) is expiring on Aug 31, 2007.

Last year i have changed my employer (B) and i got the H1B approval with the validity upto December 2008.

I am planning to go to india in July 2007 on 1 month vacation. Before that i want to do my H1b revalidation in St.louis.

---- NO, revalidation of H1B's have stopped in 2004

One of my friend told me that I need to go to Chennai/Mumbai and i can not do it in St.louis, because INS is not stamping in ST.Louis after the 9/11 incident.

1 . Is that true?

---- Yes

2. If i send my passport with the H1b approval (from Employer B) will i get the visa ? (Means...revalidation of the visa is only for extending the visa for the same employer (A) NOT for new employers ??? )

---- Irrespective of the reason, revalidation will not be done. Refer response to Q1

3. How long the process takes? N/A

4. After i send the passport. if i need to travel to inda for some emergency, then what should i do?

---- No emergency, go to India, seek an appointment with a US Consulate for a Visa interview, attend the interview, get the Visa granted and come back to US safely

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X