Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another I-94 question

Hello,
    I have a question regarding I-94. I browsed this forum, but I couldn't find a similar thread, hence I started a new thread.

My first name is Akshay Kumar, but when my lawyer applied for my H1, he entered my first name as Akshay and middle name as Kumar. So, in my I-94, my first name is just Akshay and in the top half of the form, for the "BENEFICIARY" column it has Akshay K.
    Its takes a minimum of 5-6 months to get this corrected, but I have travel plans before that.
    All my other documents including passport, paystubs, W-2 and transcripts have Akshay Kumar as my first name.
    Will this be an issue when I go for my Visa interview?

There were a couple of similar threads with the first and last name interchanged, but couldnt find any for a situation like mine.

I would really appreciate it if someone could answer my question. I asked my lawyer about this, and he says it won't be a problem. I am not convinced with his answer because I think he is making up this answer since it was his mistake when he filed for the H1. I would like to have a second opinion on this. Mr.Subramanya, could you please let me know if you have any suggestions.

I have my visa interview on Feb 27th in Canada.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Name issue

I have a question regarding I-94. I browsed this forum, but I couldn't find a similar thread, hence I started a new thread.

My first name is Akshay Kumar, but when my lawyer applied for my H1, he entered my first name as Akshay and middle name as Kumar. So, in my I-94, my first name is just Akshay and in the top half of the form, for the "BENEFICIARY" column it has Akshay K.
    Its takes a minimum of 5-6 months to get this corrected, but I have travel plans before that.
    All my other documents including passport, paystubs, W-2 and transcripts have Akshay Kumar as my first name.
    Will this be an issue when I go for my Visa interview?

There were a couple of similar threads with the first and last name interchanged, but couldnt find any for a situation like mine.

I would really appreciate it if someone could answer my question. I asked my lawyer about this, and he says it won't be a problem. I am not convinced with his answer because I think he is making up this answer since it was his mistake when he filed for the H1. I would like to have a second opinion on this.

---- There isn't any issue here at all. These are all common matters and as such do not cause any concern to anyone unless there is something that is grossly wrong with your name. Least of all at the US Consulate you need not specifically point out this issue for their attention. Your lawyer is right about it and he might have said in fewer words

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X